What's new

2022 NFL Thread

Sounds like a good idea but just guessing here
Would have to tear down every football stadium in USA to make the field wider
NFL College High School etc
Would cost billions if not more
Would they have to tear it down? It doesn't have to be as wide as a soccer field I think about 10 yards to start with on each side could make a big different.

Would they have to tear it down? It doesn't have to be as wide as a soccer field I think about 10 yards to start with on each side could make a big different.
Not sure
Some stadiums don't look like you could widen field even 10 feet on either side
Canadian pro football fields are enormous 110 yards long with 20 yd endzones
Not sure how wide

So I've been watching a lot of Premier League Football the past 2 years and really enjoyed it. With the NFL season starting the major difference I see is the width of the fields. Why are NFL fields so narrow? I feel like the game could be a lot more exciting with receivers running & leaping and quarterbacks running around, etc.

Also I would think more complex plays could be drawn up having the extra width to play with.

Anyone know why they don't consider making the fields wider?

View attachment 13098
That much space would be scoring non stop. No defense can defend that much space.

Damn did anyone else see Tua’s fingers Thursday night Football? I wish I could un-see it.

If you haven’t seen it my advice is to not look it up.

Ugly side of football fosho…

All I know is as a 49er fan I thought we were rid of Jimmy Garoppolo. I was wrong unfortunately and find myself wishing the 49ers would play mr. irrelevant Brock Purdy. Lol. Oh and we lost last week thanks to Jimmy Garoppolo not knowing where he is on the field and Shanahan calling play action at their own 1 yard line. Those two idiots deserve each other.

I bitched and pleaded for Shanahan to start Lance last year, but he didn’t, so now we have next year to go through Lance’s growing pains. Oh and that idiot Shanahan got Lance injured for the year because he decided it was a good idea to use him as a fullback ramming him up the middle time after time. I wish the 49ers would fire his ***!!!

All I know is as a 49er fan I thought we were rid of Jimmy Garoppolo. I was wrong unfortunately and find myself wishing the 49ers would play mr. irrelevant Brock Purdy. Lol. Oh and we lost last week thanks to Jimmy Garoppolo not knowing where he is on the field and Shanahan calling play action at their own 1 yard line. Those two idiots deserve each other.

I bitched and pleaded for Shanahan to start Lance last year, but he didn’t, so now we have next year to go through Lance’s growing pains. Oh and that idiot Shanahan got Lance injured for the year because he decided it was a good idea to use him as a fullback ramming him up the middle time after time. I wish the 49ers would fire his ***!!!

That idiot Shanahan? Dude is a top five coach in the league. Sometimes these guys definitely overthink **** (ie, Carroll not running Marshawn from the 1) but Lance sucks and 99 times out of a 100, you’d do far worse than with Shanahan.

That idiot Shanahan? Dude is a top five coach in the league. Sometimes these guys definitely overthink **** (ie, Carroll not running Marshawn from the 1) but Lance sucks and 99 times out of a 100, you’d do far worse than with Shanahan.
Hes a good coach that’s extremely flawed. His play calling has been bad this year. He got his qb whom they mortgaged the future for injured for the year using him like a fullback ramming him up the middle every other play. He ruined RG3 the same way. He’s coaching scared. Who calls a Play action pass from your own 1 yard line? Drafting an rb two years in a row in the third round when you’re basically the rb whisperer and can fill that in later rounds or free agency. He’s been bad this year.

He’s also a lot more old school then people realize. Most of what he runs teams did in the 90’s. Never goes for it on 4 and 1 or two in important moments.

Hes a good coach that’s extremely flawed. His play calling has been bad this year. He got his qb whom they mortgaged the future for injured for the year using him like a fullback ramming him up the middle every other play. He ruined RG3 the same way. He’s coaching scared. Who calls a Play action pass from your own 1 yard line? Drafting an rb two years in a row in the third round when you’re basically the rb whisperer and can fill that in later rounds or free agency. He’s been bad this year.

He’s also a lot more old school then people realize. Most of what he runs teams did in the 90’s. Never goes for it on 4 and 1 or two in important moments.

He’s not the GM, Lynch is. But I hear ya.

He’s not the GM, Lynch is. But I hear ya.
Shanahan has a lot of say in who is drafted. Remember utes rb Joe Williams? He was off Lynch’s draft board because he questioned his mental health, but Shanahan was adamant that he wanted Williams so Lynch drafted him. Shanahan has a lot of say in those things.

Shanahan has a lot of say in who is drafted. Remember utes rb Joe Williams? He was off Lynch’s draft board because he questioned his mental health, but Shanahan was adamant that he wanted Williams so Lynch drafted him. Shanahan has a lot of say in those things.

I loved Joe Williams. What did he question exactly?

This years 49ers defense might be better than the year they went to the Super Bowl.

The Rams o line has been really shaky without Whitworth, Stafford isn’t quite himself still, and Robinson just doesn’t fit McVay’s system imo. He needs guys who can put a foot in the ground, get separation and run wide open. That’s not ARob.

The Rams o line has been really shaky without Whitworth, Stafford isn’t quite himself still, and Robinson just doesn’t fit McVay’s system imo. He needs guys who can put a foot in the ground, get separation and run wide open. That’s not ARob.
Not just basing it off week 4 performance, but yes, I see the same issues you did with the rams, but all three levels of the defense is elite, and Bosa had a performance for the ages the other night, 14 pressures, and leads the league in sacks. The 49ers basically have two shutdown corners now and Hufanga is turning into a star. Greenlaw and Warner are playing like pro bowlers. This defense is easily the best in the nfl riddled with stars up and down this defense.

I just cant get back into football. It was a big thing with my family (my dad played college) so I watched it when I was a kid and I enjoyed it (the Saints were very good then).

Now I watch football and it just bores the **** out of me.
Different strokes. Just make sure you’ve done a full Red Zone Sunday before writing the league off completely. There is nothing better in sports, it’s not even close.

Different strokes. Just make sure you’ve done a full Red Zone Sunday before writing the league off completely. There is nothing better in sports, it’s not even close.
I dont think watching more football (that's what Red Zone is, right? Just showing you all the red zone possessions of every game) is going to make me like something I dont like.

The thing that made me like the sport was connection to the team and quality time w/ friends/family who were really into the sport (also playing money league fantasy football). I dont have the connection to the Jameis Winston Saints and I dont have a friend group where I live that we are all into the same team (like I had living in MS where everyone liked the same team).