What's new

2022 NFL Thread

Running backs just aren't that valuable anymore. Jonathan taylor missed some games and the colts were better than when he was healthy. Chubb might be the best running back in the league but when kareem hunt comes in there is no noticeable difference. Seahawks were rolling with penny then he gets hurt and they play a rookie who looks like he might now be the best running back in the league. Zeke elliot is worse than his backup tony pollard (statistically anyway)
Just rarely seems to matter all that much who play RB for any given team.

Yep, which is why the trade was braindead imo. If they were gonna package picks, do it right for someone like Ryan Tannehill (a clear upgrade over Jimmy G imo) to get you over the hump. Not saying Tennessee would do it. They wouldn’t imo. But that’s the type of guy who might be gettable and make a real difference.

Running backs just aren't that valuable anymore. Jonathan taylor missed some games and the colts were better than when he was healthy. Chubb might be the best running back in the league but when kareem hunt comes in there is no noticeable difference. Seahawks were rolling with penny then he gets hurt and they play a rookie who looks like he might now be the best running back in the league. Zeke elliot is worse than his backup tony pollard (statistically anyway)
I genuinely believe a team's offensive line has more impact on a running back's stats than the running back's skill.

There's some exceptions, but for the most part, good run-blocking = Great RB play, bad run-blocking = bad RB play. No matter who the RB is.

I genuinely believe a team's offensive line has more impact on a running back's stats than the running back's skill.

There's some exceptions, but for the most part, good run-blocking = Great RB play, bad run-blocking = bad RB play. No matter who the RB is.

Agreed. Unless you’re Barry Sanders.

Agreed. Derrick henry is imo the best back in the league regardless of O-line but he still needs a hole before he gets all that power and speed going.

Unless, of course, you’re the Jets and Breece Hall. Dude was literally the offense. And now he’s out with an ACL.

Unless, of course, you’re the Jets and Breece Hall. Dude was literally the offense. And now he’s out with an ACL.
Ya and now carter will probably pick up where he left off. As long as that o-line opens holes, the next running back will run through them too.

I did Hurts to win mvp before the season. $100 to win $2,400. He’ll come in 2nd or 3rd.

And I put $20 to win $1,420 that it will be a Eagles-Bills Super Bowl.

No way either happen. I’ve come in 2nd and so close on futures like this so many times it’s ridiculous.

I did Hurts to win mvp before the season. $100 to win $2,400. He’ll come in 2nd or 3rd.

No way either happen. I’ve come in 2nd and so close on futures like this so many times it’s ridiculous.
Good bets bro

I genuinely believe you will win that second bet.

Didn't both 1 seeds meet in the Superbowl like 4 times in 5 years fairly recently?
In the 2020 Super Bowl KC as the 2 seed in the AFC beat the Niners in the SB.

Two years ago was KC and the Bucs. The Bucs were the 6th seed and won it all.

Last year the Rams won it all as the 4 seed.

Last edited:
In the 2020 Super Bowl KC as the 2 seed in the AFC beat the Niners in the SB.

Two years ago was KC and the Bucs. The Bucs were the 6th seed and won it all.

Last year the Rams won it all as the 4 seed.
You said it almost never happens.

In the mid to late 2010's it happened 4 times in 5 years.

You said it almost never happens.

In the mid to late 2010's it happened 4 times in 5 years.

Let me keep going then…

In 2018 the Saints were the 1 seed but the Rams made the Super Bowl and lost to the Pats.

2017 it was 1 vs 1 pats vs eagles

2016 the Cowboys were the 1 seed and did not make the SB.

So in 5 of the last 6 years, it was not 1v1.

Maybe there was a time 4 out of 5 did meet. But it seems it happens leas than half the time.. maybe 35% of the time or so.

Let me keep going then…

In 2018 the Saints were the 1 seed but the Rams made the Super Bowl and lost to the Pats.

2017 it was 1 vs 1 pats vs eagles

2016 the Cowboys were the 1 seed and did not make the SB.

So in 5 of the last 6 years, it was not 1v1.

Maybe there was a time 4 out of 5 did meet. But it seems it happens leas than half the time.. maybe 35% of the time or so.
Again: You said it almost never happens.

35% of the time is not "almost never".

Eagles: 7-0

LFG.

I really wanted more from Hurts for my MVP bet but they coasted in much of the second half and I can’t complain with 285 and 4 td’s.

Tony pollard yesterday killed it. Got me 44 fantasy points. He is better than zeke

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app