What's new

2023 all time jazz draft round one match team A vs. team F

Who would win a 7 game series team A or Team F?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

Who would win a seven game playoff series?

Voters will judge players based on their peak prime regardless of what team they played for at that time as long as they played at least 10 games for the jazz at any time.

Team A
—————————
Antoine Carr // Hassan Whiteside
Karl Malone // Paul Millsap
Donyell Marshal
Joe Johnson
George Hill // Mark Jackson

Vs.

Team F
————————
Mark Eaton // Al Jefferson
Carlos Boozer
Joe Ingles // Bryon Russell
Darrell Griffith // John Starks
Deron Williams

Team A writeup.

Starters
Point Guard: George Hill
Shooting Guard: Joe Johnson
Small Forward: Donyell Marshall
Power Forward: Karl Malone
Center: Antoine Carr

Reserves
Guard: Mark Jackson
Forward: Paul Millsap
Center: Hassan Whiteside

Rotations.
George Hill 32 Mark Jackson 16
Joe Johnson 32 Mark Jackson 16
Donyell Marshall 32 Paul Millsap 16
Karl Malone 32 Paul Millsap 16
Antoine Carr 32 Hassan Whiteside 16

The GM of Team F has put together a quality team, but I believe it will be vanquished quickly. Carlos Boozer is not going to be able to guard Karl Malone. My reserve Paul Millsap will likewise exploit Boozer’s defensive deficiencies. At the shooting guard position, Joe Johnson is a much better all around player (multiple years an all-star) than Darrell Griffith (never an all-star). Mark Eaton provides little offense for Team F as a starting center and in contrast, my center, Antoine Carr, had the intelligence, mid-range shooting, and toughness to complement Malone and frustrate Eaton. I concede that at the point, Deron Williams has the advantage over George Hill, but that’s not enough to offset the general situation.

Team F writeup none.

Not sure why Jackson isn’t starting? Putting Malone with an elite passer is paramount to unlocking Malone’s uber self.
Eh, you cannot pretend that he won't play plenty of minutes with Jackson. I think he was looking at solidifying his defense in his starting 5. Either way, there is no way Malone does not just absolutely destroy Boozer. Boozer's matador defense will results in Malone averaging 40 ppg in the series. It will be a bloodbath. Nearly everything else balances out except that matchup, which is overwhelmingly in favor of Malone.

Eh, you cannot pretend that he won't play plenty of minutes with Jackson. I think he was looking at solidifying his defense in his starting 5. Either way, there is no way Malone does not just absolutely destroy Boozer. Boozer's matador defense will results in Malone averaging 40 ppg in the series. It will be a bloodbath. Nearly everything else balances out except that matchup, which is overwhelmingly in favor of Malone.
Wasn’t Jackson a good defensive player in his prime?

I mean if you’re starting a team and have to pick Prime Jackson or prime hill to be your pg, who is picking hill over Jackson? Jackson is also a former allstar.
Yeah that can be debated. Does not take away from the fact that Jackson will likely play more minutes and Malone will still destroy. Malone and Millsap, both in their prime, damn. I mean, day-um. There is literally no one to defend that on the other team, no one. Ingles cannot stop Malone, nor Millsap, and he is the best defender at the wing/big position besides Eaton, who would be heavily negated by the fact that both Malone and Millsap can shoot away from the basket. Millsap shooting 3s pulls the defense to him, and opens things up for Malone who just bullies his way inside. No contest. And it doesn't really matter which guard starts, as I imagine we would see both Hill and Jackson on the floor together often as Hill was more of a combo guard.