What's new

2023 NBA Combine Thread

Until he learns how to play 5 on 5 basketball without looking like a frightened deer I will pass.
only looked like a frightened deer on offense. which i admit is a huge problem - but that is why there is some risk involved. as there is with any pick in that range - they last until the end of the first because they have significant warts.

Measurements winners are: (these are relative to my personal expectations)

• Jarace Walker (absolute tank of a human with elite length)

Losers:

• Taylor Hendricks (came up lacking on the wingspan after it being rumored it was 7'3 and was shorter than expected)
Hilariously on point for Cy. Wild rumor from where? He came in exactly as expected and has a standing reach more than a couple inches bigger than the dude he claims has elite length. Tay may not have been a "winner" but claiming he's a loser when Walker came in short and is a winner is just wild hating but I'd expect nothing less.

I’m sure someone did it before him, but I remember Harrison Barnes talking some **** before the combine saying “wait til you see the numbers”. Something along those lines. He had a great vertical leap his standing reach was unreasonably low. Definitely had it planned beforehand lol.

Hilariously on point for Cy. Wild rumor from where? He came in exactly as expected and has a standing reach more than a couple inches bigger than the dude he claims has elite length. Tay may not have been a "winner" but claiming he's a loser when Walker came in short and is a winner is just wild hating but I'd expect nothing less.
Look, shoulder width isn't a bad thing, but when we're talking NBA defense for giants, standing reach is THE premier measurement for rim protection, point blank.

What we don't know is who the overall better player will be. What we do know is that Hendricks is clearly superior at two critical skills that are also rarely seen in combination: blocking shots and stroking 3s.

Someone is mad I guess. 7'3 was all over the internet for his wingspan.

And yes, Walker is absolutely a winner. Just a massive human being. I dont think he came up short at all. It's not hating, it's just I expected more than Hendricks.

another guy who is highly skilled that was bolstered by his measurements and is absolutely in play for me at 28 is Seth Lundy. over 6'5" in shoes with a 6'10" ws. if you don't get Hawkins earlier, Lundy is right there as a shooter with him and Podz, but much better length than both.

On Hendricks i get that relative to your expectations, it might be a disappointment, but reality his numbers are very good - he didn't measure 7'3", which would be elite for his height but overall it's a really good result for him. Hawkins as well as Cam Whitmore are guys who have underwhelming reach numbers, but having watched them a lot, both are about what i expected. Hawkins even a tad taller than what i thought he might come in at. iow, i had already ranked them as prospects based on the idea that neither was exceptionally long.
I'm not even sure where the narrative came from on the 7-3 reach. I would have guessed 7-7-2 maybe based on eye test. 8'11 standing reach is great since he is a guy that will be asked to play as a forward and also a center.. maybe. The difference in standing reach between him and Walker is the same difference between Walker and Kobe Bufkin.

TJD with really solid numbers. Keyontae Johnson for a guy with his build, athleticism and skillset came in with an almost THTesque 6'4" without shoes and 7' span. very impressive for him.

Last edited:
I’m sure someone did it before him, but I remember Harrison Barnes talking some **** before the combine saying “wait til you see the numbers”. Something along those lines. He had a great vertical leap his standing reach was unreasonably low. Definitely had it planned beforehand lol.
Udoka did it as well and it's documented fact.

The year he was drafted he measured a 9'1.5'' standing reach. Two years prior he was in the combine and measured a 9'4.5'' standing reach.

Someone is mad I guess. 7'3 was all over the internet for his wingspan.

And yes, Walker is absolutely a winner. Just a massive human being. I dont think he came up short at all. It's not hating, it's just I expected more than Hendricks.
Nah its simply someone coming in with some "analysis" but its purely just wanting to dump on a guy they don't like. Henny came in with more elite length than Walker... even though you had some made up expectations.

Udoka did it as well and it's documented fact.

The year he was drafted he measured a 9'1.5'' standing reach. Two years prior he was in the combine and measured a 9'4.5'' standing reach.
Pat Connaughton was a guy that did the same thing iirc

Nah its simply someone coming in with some "analysis" but its purely just wanting to dump on a guy they don't like. Henny came in with more elite length than Walker... even though you had some made up expectations.
Man, this is pure loser behavior currently. I'm not bias against Hendricks, I like him as a prospect and I certainly didnt make a list up just to "hate" on him. I'm sorry I was expecting some elite numbers out of Hendricks and he came up short. If he had real life 7'3 wingspan with a center's reach, he'd be a winner. Feel free to make your own list.

Look, shoulder width isn't a bad thing, but when we're talking NBA defense for giants, standing reach is THE premier measurement for rim protection, point blank.

What we don't know is who the overall better player will be. What we do know is that Hendricks is clearly superior at two critical skills that are also rarely seen in combination: blocking shots and stroking 3s.
I think you also have to factor that if Jarace can't shoot that he is more likely to have to play at center than Tay Henny... and that standing reach isn't amazing for that task.

I put Sidy Cissoko on the "losers" list as well and I've stated he's my favorite prospect. Just stop being a baby back bitch because I didnt say only positive **** about your favorite prospect.

Man, this is pure loser behavior currently. I'm not bias against Hendricks, I like him as a prospect and I certainly didnt make a list up just to "hate" on him. I'm sorry I was expecting some elite numbers out of Hendricks and he came up short. If he had real life 7'3 wingspan with a center's reach, he'd be a winner. Feel free to make your own list.
Losers;

Cy

Winners:

Anyone who takes the numbers for what they really are.

I put Sidy Cissoko on the "losers" list as well and I've stated he's my favorite prospect. Just stop being a baby back bitch because I didnt say only positive **** about your favorite prospect.
Somebody mad I called him out on his inconsistency, but oh well.

You just sound like a loser man. I clearly said it was based off my expectations. How do you know what my expectations where? Make your own list and stop acting like Lopo.

I really don't need to make my own list... you can see what guys have adequate size for the position and which don't... regardless of personal expectations.

Measurements winners are: (these are relative to my personal expectations)

• The Twins
  • GG Jackson (Beat the short wingspan relative to height allegations)
  • JHS (just a massive bodied and long PG)
  • Maxwell Lewis
  • Ryan Rupert (+8'' wingspan holy moly)
  • Jarace Walker (absolute tank of a human with elite length)
  • Dariq Whitehead (came in taller than I thought)
  • Zach Edey (my god)
  • OMP
  • Mo Gueye

Losers:

• Taylor Hendricks (came up lacking on the wingspan after it being rumored it was 7'3 and was shorter than expected)
  • Mike Miles (rare to see a negative wingspan on a 6' player)
  • Jordan Hawkins (thought he'd have a longer wingspan)
  • Sidy Cissoko (after being told he was 6'8 by Pooh Jeter, 6'5.5 is underwhelming)
  • Judah Mintz (probably one of the guys I've watched the least, but in the limited time I've seen him I thought of him as being a long-armed player, but is only + 0.5'')

Some people are disappointed that Gradey Dick came in at 6'6.25". I'm not. He'll be 6'7.5" in shoes, which is fine for what he does. He's basically Hayward-sized.