What's new

2023 NBA Combine Thread

I'm a bit late on the pre-draft hype train. And I have watched almost no college basketball this year(except for some March Madness). Give me some players to watch guys? Also... is the combine going on right now? Can we watch it somewhere?

I'm a bit late on the pre-draft hype train. And I have watched almost no college basketball this year(except for some March Madness). Give me some players to watch guys? Also... is the combine going on right now? Can we watch it somewhere?
Pretty sure there is no broadcast today. Tomorrow and Thursday will be the scrimmages.

My personal favorites at our top two picks are Jarace Walker and Brice Sensabaugh. Plenty of guys to consider though.

View: https://twitter.com/NBADraftMikeyV/status/1658482196796276740

It's insanity how you can have the ability to reach 2' above the basket and only average 0.1 blocks per game throughout your college career.

0.5% block rate is an all-time low for a prospect that I have ever seen. That's lower than Trae freaking Young.

these numbers are interesting. and are you referring to OMP with that comment?

whether he fudged his standing reach or not, Podz coming out looking great there as well in spite of the lack of wingspan and height. dude gets up.

these numbers are interesting. and are you referring to OMP with that comment?

whether he fudged his standing reach or not, Podz coming out looking great there as well in spite of the lack of wingspan and height. dude gets up.
Probably one of the biggest surprises so far for me. And that underhand lob might have changed my perception and interest in him. I'm easily swayed these days.

Probably one of the biggest surprises so far for me. And that underhand lob might have changed my perception and interest in him. I'm easily swayed these days.
ha. but in all seriousness, that underhand lob should just be more evidence - on top of the gaudy stats - that he just knows how to play.

Hollinger sent out his top 20 and Podz was in honorable mention. He mentioned the float game being prolific... which may be the cheat code that allows him to be more than just a shooter. That would make sense and would be another reason to be a believer.

Hollinger sent out his top 20 and Podz was in honorable mention. He mentioned the float game being prolific... which may be the cheat code that allows him to be more than just a shooter. That would make sense and would be another reason to be a believer.
Reading Hollinger's stuff now. I always enjoy it. Dont know how good he is with his rankings, but I like his reasonings.

Reading Hollinger's stuff now. I always enjoy it. Dont know how good he is with his rankings, but I like his reasonings.
He adds his own flavor and has a few different experiences in life that add perspective.

Anthony Black
Taylor Hendricks
Kobe Bufkin
Jarace Walker
Gradey Dick
Cason Wallace

Last edited: