What's new

2023 NBA Combine Thread

More of the highly ranked PG's should play the combine scrimmages. It seems so easy for a good PG to standout if you are just a capable ball-handler who can make simple decisions. Bailey, a guy with limited PG experience, looks good just doing the basic things but it really stands out in a scrimmage setting.

Haven’t been able to watch. Has he been that bad?

yesterday he was so bad on offense i was embarrassed for him. i haven't watched today yet.
He has had some drives into the paint into nothing that he turned into fouls because he's long/athletic, but they were lucky. He also had a drive into a post pivot turn around fadeaway from about 10' that he airballed by an extreme amount.

I think he might be a smart player, but he has no idea how to score in a half-court setting (and he had a charge in transition because he has absolutely no ability to control himself in space with the ball)

I think Walsh could be playable in a few years, but he should just return to school IMO unless he wants to live in the G-League on a 2-way deal.

It's not saying much, and I'm being biased, but Amari just stands out at this level of competition. All it takes is to not be cringe. The ability to not look bad and make routine plays is king.

One bad habit that is working for Bailey, however, is that he cuts every time instead of spacing out to 3. He's gonna have to space out and take/make 3's at the next level.

I still like Walsh a lot. He shows potential. Just wish he had shot confidence, because I dont think his set shot is that bad, but he hates it. Really needs to figure out who he is offensively and once he does that (which will involve shooting it better) he could be pretty good. Would be hesitant to draft him at 28 though. Would rather him return to school.

Really disappointed in Omari Moore. Dude was completely invisible in both games after putting up the best shooting drill stats. Just no assertiveness and got lost in the sauce.

Are combine games usually this high scoring? Hard to remember, but this feels like the best combine basketball of all time from a ball movement perspective. Not a lot of hero ball out there. I recall much more hero ball in past years and that led to lower scoring games.

FwccNMeXoAEJScH

looking at that boxscore, pretty good floor game for walsh with 7 rebs and 5 assists - even though he didn't make many, he managed to get up 11 shots and knocked down his FTs. seems like there is definitely hope for him, but as cy keeps saying, probably just not ready yet for this level.