What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

You are the biased one. Don’t get it twisted you are hoping and praying that they are elite because you have been stroking Gobert every day for the last 3 years. If he is on a team that theoretically should be great but aren’t I will have serious concerns for your mental health.

They’re not a better version of the team we’ve had the last couple of years. Their ceiling is the 4th seed. It’s not as much about how good they are as it’s how ****ing good the West is. There are multiple teams better than them.
We are talking regular season right? Gobert, in my book is top ten in the regular season. I can’t argue with you if we were talking playoffs. This roster is way more talented than Utah’s over the last few years. Not understanding how you have them in the play in tournament.
Is Minnesota going to be better than any of these teams?

Warriors
Clippers
Grizzlies
Nuggets
Suns
Mavericks

If you think they are better than at least 3 of them which is pushing it they are the 4th seed.
I’ll give you the top three in your list, though clips are a big ? with their injury history and the fact they put less emphasis on the regular season with load management and as Leonard missed all of last year I expect him to miss plenty of games due to load management. Nugs, and suns, suns are about on level with the wolves. Lol at you calling Dallas a better team.

We are talking regular season right? Gobert, in my book is top ten in the regular season. I can’t argue with you if we were talking playoffs. This roster is way more talented than Utah’s over the last few years. Not understanding how you have them in the play in tournament.

I’ll give you the top three in your list, though clips are a big ? with their injury history and the fact they put less emphasis on the regular season with load management and as Leonard missed all of last year I expect him to miss plenty of games due to load management. Nugs, and suns, suns are about on level with the wolves. Lol at you calling Dallas a better team.

I didn’t call them a better team. I said they have to be better than 3 of them to even be the 4th seed.

There is some weirdness going on with KAT's health. He supposedly had some mysterious non-COVID related illness and is reportedly down in weight to about 230lbs now. Not sure it will impact their season and not sure it's serious, just mentioning it for whatever it's worth. Edwards has really impressive potential, but there still is some uncertainty. He had really high 3p % last year compared to his previous shooting form and if he regresses there he might not take as big of a leap as many expect. Gobert gets old suddenly? I'm just devil's advocating this... to be clear, but this is generally the case about MIN not being great but rather just barely in the playoffs...

Timberwolves are going to be a major problem for their opponents in the regular season which is all that matters as far as the Jazz are concerned.

Timberwolves are going to be a major problem for their opponents in the regular season which is all that matters as far as the Jazz are concerned.
2023 pick is going to be in the mid 20s almost surely. Unless Rudy goes down with a terrible injury and I love the Jazz but I can't root for that.

2025 and beyond is where things could get spicy. Ant is awesome... plenty of young awesome players fail for a variety of reasons. Rudy won't be this awesome forever... KAT is great too... they have some redundancy that should make sure they don't end up bottom of the league if they have injuries... but ya never know. They have new ownership and shot their shot on the Rudy trade. There is a lot of time for bad things to happen... as we all know bad things happen sometimes.

There is some weirdness going on with KAT's health. He supposedly had some mysterious non-COVID related illness and is reportedly down in weight to about 230lbs now. Not sure it will impact their season and not sure it's serious, just mentioning it for whatever it's worth. Edwards has really impressive potential, but there still is some uncertainty. He had really high 3p % last year compared to his previous shooting form and if he regresses there he might not take as big of a leap as many expect. Gobert gets old suddenly? I'm just devil's advocating this... to be clear, but this is generally the case about MIN not being great but rather just barely in the playoffs...
If he’s going to be guarding 4’s, him being lighter can only be a good thing, right?

If he’s going to be guarding 4’s, him being lighter can only be a good thing, right?
Not if it's health-related and not peformance related. He didn't lose that weight because he was trying to be leaner and quicker on the field, he lost it while being in hospital.

Not if it's health-related and not peformance related. He didn't lose that weight because he was trying to be leaner and quicker on the field, he lost it while being in hospital.
No, he actually was training to lose weight. From a Twolves pod I listened to KAT is usually in the 250# range but was slimming down to play next to Gobert. The sickness certainly added it that, but he had pre-slimmed already

The WC is really competitive this year. I could see the T'wolves finishing in the top 3, but I could also see them in the 6th or 7th spot. Clippers, Warriors, Nuggets and Grizzlies are going to win a lot of games. Suns may be down a bit, but are still likely a top-5 team. Luka is approaching MVP-candidate level and could carry the Mavs pretty far. Then the Pels are a wildcard.

Best case would be if the T'wolves' pick ends up around #18.

The WC is really competitive this year. I could see the T'wolves finishing in the top 3, but I could also see them in the 6th or 7th spot. Clippers, Warriors, Nuggets and Grizzlies are going to win a lot of games. Suns may be down a bit, but are still likely a top-5 team. Luka is approaching MVP-candidate level and could carry the Mavs pretty far. Then the Pels are a wildcard.

Best case would be if the T'wolves' pick ends up around #18.
I really struggle to see how the Mavs finish in the top 6. Paper thin roster. Got to hope the Wood trade really pays off. Certainly possible with Luka being Luka, but I doubt it.

I really struggle to see how the Mavs finish in the top 6. Paper thin roster. Got to hope the Wood trade really pays off. Certainly possible with Luka being Luka, but I doubt it.

They got a slow start last season with some covid issues and Luka coming into the season out of shape. They were pretty tough during the 2nd half. I guess we'll see how important Brunson was.

No, he actually was training to lose weight. From a Twolves pod I listened to KAT is usually in the 250# range but was slimming down to play next to Gobert. The sickness certainly added it that, but he had pre-slimmed already

Lol. He may have cut a couple pounds but the sickness is the main reason he lost weight.