What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

If he falls past 10 I would be stunned. "Smooth J" will be the best offensive player from this draft in 3 years. Closest thing to another elite off guard I have seen since Wardell Davidson
Well I guess I have to give up my crown as #1 Hawkins guy now if someone is saying this.

Have you heard of James Wiseman?
James Wiseman played 3 games at Memphis buddy during the covid year, lol. Are you really going to defend Memphis player development right now?

How well did Penny Hardaway prepare him for the pros? The Warriors literally just gave him away...

James Wiseman played 3 games at Memphis buddy during the covid year, lol. Are you really going to defend Memphis player development right now?

How well did Penny Hardaway prepare him for the pros? The Warriors literally just gave him away...
1 and dones arent being developed. They are showcasing, especially when you choose to go to a school a non-major conference or to a team that is very low on talent.

Wiseman put up 3 huge game for Memphis. He would have had an amazing year if the NCAA didnt crack down on him. He was good enough to be showcased.

GG/Bates arent good enough to be showcased even though they wanted to be those guys. They need development, but they chose to be showcased.

1 and dones arent being developed. They are showcasing, especially when you choose to go to a school a non-major conference or to a team that is very low on talent.

Wiseman put up 3 huge game for Memphis. He would have had an amazing year if the NCAA didnt crack down on him. He was good enough to be showcased.

GG/Bates arent good enough to be showcased even though they wanted to be those guys. They need development, but they chose to be showcased.
Emoni averaged 16 ppg, 3 rpg, 3 apg on 57% FG/50% 3FG. Memphis biggest issue was that their older guys didn't like Duren/Bates and Penny was insistent on trying to play Bates as a PG.

Wiseman went high in the draft for the same reason guys like Exum and Kanter did.

View: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10066625-nba-draft-2023-rumors-scouts-have-lack-of-enthusiasm-past-wembanyama-henderson

"Conversations with scouts on the road have indicated a profound lack of enthusiasm for basically any player outside the top two in this year's draft," John Hollinger of The Athletic reported. "I'm not even sure the vibes I'm getting could be called lukewarm; I'll optimistically call them lukecold."

Good… we can move up on the cheap then

View: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10066625-nba-draft-2023-rumors-scouts-have-lack-of-enthusiasm-past-wembanyama-henderson

"Conversations with scouts on the road have indicated a profound lack of enthusiasm for basically any player outside the top two in this year's draft," John Hollinger of The Athletic reported. "I'm not even sure the vibes I'm getting could be called lukewarm; I'll optimistically call them lukecold."

This is laugh out loud stupid.

How far a can we climb if we package our pick and T’Wolves?

Similar to what Dallas did to get Doncic?

It’s Miller or Keyonte or bust for me this year.

They dont want to give away "their guy". Top two is obvious, but who do you like at #3, #4 etc are the cards they dont want to show yet.

I don't get it...why before was this thought of as a deep draft? Is it mainly the abundance of wings and nothing else? I put stock into what the scouts are saying but how could this disconnect happen?