What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Yes, Miller had a gun in his backseat that was taken by his teammate which was then given to another person who then shot people. No one is questioning this. This is not a crime though unless Miller's intent was "Hey I'm driving you this gun so you can specifically use it to shoot someone". Guns are legal in America. I hate it, guns suck, but they are legal. It's not illegal to feel like you need a gun for self-defense and they are in ****ing Alabama, you can probably open carry a rocket launcher. It's ****ing ugly. When you have two heated parties and each side has a gun, things go south and that's what happened.
the law doesn't care about how common it is or how bad it is. I mean after the shooter texted Miller to bring it to him,he showed up and the shooting is after Miller got there on Millers dc just backs up he brought it or it was highly coincidental.
I think any prosecutor would assume he knew he was bringing the shooter a gun, by the text.
He very easily could be a cooperating witness, that is also guilty of accessory to Murder altough circumstantial. even though right now he wasn't officially charged.
New imformation that surfaces , like another person yet to come foreward, regarding the intent of the shooter premeditated and Miller knew about the shooters intentions, despite claming to not know now, can easily still get charged with a crime.
But the point is even if he doesn't this **** aint going away before the draft

the law doesn't care about how common it is or how bad it is. I mean after the shooter texted Miller to bring it to him,he showed up and the shooting is after Miller got there on Millers dc just backs up he brought it or it was highly coincidental.
I think any prosecutor would assume he knew he was bringing the shooter a gun, by the text.
He very easily could be a cooperating witness, that is also guilty of accessory to Murder altough circumstantial. even though right now he wasn't officially charged.
New imformation that surfaces , like another person yet to come foreward, regarding the intent of the shooter premeditated and Miller knew about the shooters intentions, despite claming to not know now, can easily still get charged with a crime.
You are talking nonsense man. Have you even read anything about the case? Having a gun is not illegal. Giving someone there legally owned gun is not illegal.

What can possibly come forward? The investigators have Miller's phone information. They know what was said and wasnt said. His car is the biggest piece of evidence in the case with the dashcam. They know everything about Miller's involvement that it there to know.

Yes, Miller had a gun in his backseat that was taken by his teammate which was then given to another person who then shot people. No one is questioning this. This is not a crime though unless Miller's intent was "Hey I'm driving you this gun so you can specifically use it to shoot someone". Guns are legal in America. I hate it, guns suck, but they are legal. It's not illegal to feel like you need a gun for self-defense and they are in ****ing Alabama, you can probably open carry a rocket launcher. It's ****ing ugly. When you have two heated parties and each side has a gun, things go south and that's what happened.
I just hope he’s doing what he needs to right now to take care of himself. He needs to use this as a serious lesson… if he is about that life… then change. If he has close friends that are about that life… cut them out your life. If he was wrong place wrong time (kind of) then I hope he’s in therapy and addressing it… because no matter the motivations he made a decision that was a key part to someone’s life coming to an end… hope this is just a footnote to a successful career and life for him.

As a player I love Miller. He definitely has that dawg in him on the court and is just so competitive. I’ve seen enough… he’s going 2nd or 3rd… and I LOVE Scoot but I could see Charlotte taking Miller and maybe Detroit.

You are talking nonsense man. Have you even read anything about the case? Having a gun is not illegal. Giving someone there legally owned gun is not illegal.

What can possibly come forward? The investigators have Miller's phone information. They know what was said and wasnt said. His car is the biggest piece of evidence in the case with the dashcam. They know everything about Miller's involvement that it there to know.
You gotta find the sweet serenity that ignore button provides, my man….

The case is far from over, the facts as you have seen them are ongoing. it aint over. Nonsense is pretending its over to fit your narrative
I don’t know why you won’t let this die. It’s been over a month since this happened and authorities have all his phone and text records and after all this time he’s named as nust a witness.

I don’t know why you won’t let this die. It’s been over a month since this happened and authorities have all his phone and text records and after all this time he’s named as nust a witness.
Just letting it be known I think there is a damn good chance he falls in the draft ,even without new evidence linking him to anything more, and any amount of new testimony will kill his draft stock until resolved. The nice thing about it though is he will possibly be there foir the taking far later than mocked. Now wouldn't that break a bunch of hearts on here, if he was available at 9th assuming we have such luck to be there and not 13th, and then we also like the top 8 DONT draft him at all. Then instead draft somebody with a far lesser floor but just as much upside Hendricks.
I honsestly don't know why fans are so convinced he is out of the woods on this ****. a Mother was murdered and he was THERE, when it went down, and is linked to the Shooter by more than just wrong place, wrong time. He is not in the clear with anyone about to invest millions on him without explaining it to them, and chances are with an ongoing investigation, he will not be able to speak on the subject to any gm or scouting dept. lest he break the law in doing so. He is not ****ed, but he is still going to lose $.

I just hope he’s doing what he needs to right now to take care of himself. He needs to use this as a serious lesson… if he is about that life… then change. If he has close friends that are about that life… cut them out your life. If he was wrong place wrong time (kind of) then I hope he’s in therapy and addressing it… because no matter the motivations he made a decision that was a key part to someone’s life coming to an end… hope this is just a footnote to a successful career and life for him.
tell that to the orphaned 5 year old . ignorance is bliss eh

Just letting it be known I think there is a damn good chance he falls in the draft ,even without new evidence linking him to anything more, and any amount of new testimony will kill his draft stock until resolved. The nice thing about it though is he will possibly be there foir the taking far later than mocked. Now wouldn't that break a bunch of hearts on here, if he was available at 9th assuming we have such luck to be there and not 13th, and then we also like the top 8 DONT draft him at all. Then instead draft somebody with a far lesser floor but just as much upside Hendricks.
I honsestly don't know why fans are so convinced he is out of the woods on this ****. a Mother was murdered and he was THERE, when it went down, and is linked to the Shooter by more than just wrong place, wrong time. He is not in the clear with anyone about to invest millions on him without explaining it to them, and chances are with an ongoing investigation, he will not be able to speak on the subject to any gm or scouting dept. lest he break the law in doing so. He is not ****ed, but he is still going to lose $.
You might as well “let it be known” that you believe Wembanyama will suffer a stroke and fall out of the lottery. There’s zero substance to your position here. You’re just spouting off about how things work in your little version of reality which is not a reflection of actual reality.

Late just watched the Bama game for a couple minutes and thought #15 was Brandon Miller. Was gonna comment on how great his proportions look for basketball, lol.

Never did find the actual Miller…

Clowney!

He's one of my guys this year. I think he has incredible physical tools, and he's not completely devoid of skill either. One of the youngest players in this draft class.

You might as well “let it be known” that you believe Wembanyama will suffer a stroke and fall out of the lottery. There’s zero substance to your position here. You’re just spouting off about how things work in your little version of reality which is not a reflection of actual reality.
My little version is the one you don't want to hear about , doesn't make me wrong either. I have some experience with these types of things and I will leave it at that.

Pretty disappointed in Blacks game today. Wish they would give college players six fouls… also Arkansas needs shooting so bad. I’m not sure the coach is awesome … teams go way under on so many screens and none of those guys ever look to shoot… makes it so easy to guard them.

Clowney!

He's one of my guys this year. I think he has incredible physical tools, and he's not completely devoid of skill either. One of the youngest players in this draft class.
I actually saw him in the top 25 on Tankathon afterwards. So at least my first impression was reasonable.

Just watched Brandon Miller shake Anthony Black on an iso for a pretty left hand layup.

You just goofy if you are sticking with the early season critiques of Miller's attacking/finishing potential.

He's definitely shown more as of late. He's showing he can get a step in isolation, which is new.