What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Just letting it be known I think there is a damn good chance he falls in the draft ,even without new evidence linking him to anything more, and any amount of new testimony will kill his draft stock until resolved. The nice thing about it though is he will possibly be there foir the taking far later than mocked. Now wouldn't that break a bunch of hearts on here, if he was available at 9th assuming we have such luck to be there and not 13th, and then we also like the top 8 DONT draft him at all. Then instead draft somebody with a far lesser floor but just as much upside Hendricks.
I honsestly don't know why fans are so convinced he is out of the woods on this ****. a Mother was murdered and he was THERE, when it went down, and is linked to the Shooter by more than just wrong place, wrong time. He is not in the clear with anyone about to invest millions on him without explaining it to them, and chances are with an ongoing investigation, he will not be able to speak on the subject to any gm or scouting dept. lest he break the law in doing so. He is not ****ed, but he is still going to lose $.
I’ve said this before, but I’d agree with you if all this came out the night of or before the draft.
My little version is the one you don't want to hear about , doesn't make me wrong either. I have some experience with these types of things and I will leave it at that.
The only one that has a version is you. The rest of us are looking at the facts and see where this all seems to be going. Sounds like you will be extremely butt hurt when he inevitably goes 3-5th in the draft. If he goes after that you can rename me.
Looks like George got injured
Paul George?

Miller is special. He went out yesterday, two days after dropping 41 on GG, and clearly outplayed Black and NSJ, was clearly the best player on the floor, and put a stamp on his place as a top 3 prospect.

What made it special though was how he did it - couldn’t buy a three so he attacked the basket, beat people off the bounce and despite going 1-6 from three, still finished with 24 pts on 15 shots. He’s also underrated defensively. He’s not great, but he’s good and with his length and the fact he cares on that end he can be really good.

It was just one game, but it was just more what he’s been doing all season.

I’m warming up to NSJ - kid has unique scoring talents. He’s not a shooter at this point and that’s why he’s so inefficient, but the way he can find his shot and the wiggle he has to get those looks is tough.

At the same time I’m cooling significantly on Jarace Walker - he’s been so bad/non-existent lately for Houston.

I’m convinced certain people on this board are more capable of putting together a better mock than 90% of the dudes paid to do them.

JHS has woeful numbers around the rim. Only shooting 50% at the rim, doesn’t get there a ton in the first place, and also doesn’t get to the line much. Tough living in the NBA, but his pull-up jumper is somewhat promising?

I’m warming up to NSJ - kid has unique scoring talents. He’s not a shooter at this point and that’s why he’s so inefficient, but the way he can find his shot and the wiggle he has to get those looks is tough.

At the same time I’m cooling significantly on Jarace Walker - he’s been so bad/non-existent lately for Houston.
NSJ also has some great natural vision and at least looks like he tries on defense.

JHS has woeful numbers around the rim. Only shooting 50% at the rim, doesn’t get there a ton in the first place, and also doesn’t get to the line much. Tough living in the NBA, but his pull-up jumper is somewhat promising?
Not trying to be a jerk here but I read stuff like this and my first reaction is “if he was a 6’6” PG that shot a high percentage at the rim, got to the line at a high rate, shot well from 3, rebounded well for his size and had a good ast/to ratio…….he’d be a top 4 pick”.

Almost everyone has pretty big flaws you have to project them improving on once they get to the league outside of 1….maybe 2 dudes (Scoot’s shot is not great).

JHS is far from perfect but also far from a finished product. He has the size you crave for the position and a lot to like and has shown up in big games at times.

But you’re doing the same for almost every prospect, no?