What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I would use that Lakers pick first and would have no problem giving it up. But I’m fairly risk averse by nature and prefer the bird in the hand (moving up to a concrete higher pick for a guy we like using the Lakers pick and keeping our unprotected ones) to however many are in the bush (the risk of it turning into a paltry 2nd).
Depends on who we are trading up for.

Amen has always been rated higher because he has been more of a pg and is a matchup nightmare if he can become even somewhat consistent with his outside shot.
That makes sense. Would Ausar be able to provide the same if given the opportunity or is his game simply a bit different? His shooting lately seems better than Amen’s.

there is no team in the league imo that would trade the 2 pick for 3 and 7, unless they didn't want Scoot Henderson. I know there is the assumption Miller or Amen could go there, but I don't think there is any chance Scoot isn't the #2 pick and an even less chance somone was able to trade up for him.

there is no team in the league imo that would trade the 2 pick for 3 and 7, unless they didn't want Scoot Henderson. I know there is the assumption Miller or Amen could go there, but I don't think there is any chance Scoot isn't the #2 pick and an even less chance somone was able to trade up for him.
Detroit would consider it.

Do we like the Thompson twins around here? We are kind of shifting tiers for our realistic targets. Feels like picks 3-8 can go a million different ways. I'm excited to watch Walker with Houston in the tourney.

I would love to get a Thompson. Having an athletic advantage at the point of attack would be huge. They're big enough to pass over the top of the defense to our bigs. They're also both excellent defenders.

Looking through mock drafts and I see a lot of the guys I like falling in to the Wolves pick range, so that's exciting. Then I keep thinking, what if we pick one of the guys I don't like with our pick and that is the reason these guys drop, and then I get nervous.

Looking through mock drafts and I see a lot of the guys I like falling in to the Wolves pick range, so that's exciting. Then I keep thinking, what if we pick one of the guys I don't like with our pick and that is the reason these guys drop, and then I get nervous.
There's no one I really dislike in this draft in our ranges tbh.

NSJ/Keyonte arent awe inspiring, but I see their potential value.

Detroit has gone after like a billion centers so I dont think they care too much about fit.
They could likely make it work… I think there is a chance they’d avoid a log jam and try to move to 3. I think the Hornets, Blazers, Pistons and OKC are the only teams I think would consider trading back rather than drafting Scoot. Might be easier/more profitable to trade him than to alleviate a potential logjam another way. Not saying they should just that they might.

There's no one I really dislike in this draft in our ranges tbh.

NSJ/Keyonte arent awe inspiring, but I see their potential value.
NSJ/George/Howard/Rupert/Murray/Jackson are guys I’m less stoked about but would probably talk myself into them.

Only guy I really hate in the Minny range is Filipowski.

If the T'wolves pick falls around #13 or #14 after the Lakers knock them out the play-in tourney, and the Jazz really want Anthony Black, I could see the Jazz packaging Minny pick and a future 1st to move up to #10 or #11. I don't think there are many teams that would chase Black as much as the Jazz would.

Last edited:

I would take a swing on GG or Sensabaugh in the 14 - 16 range. Hendricks might be there also. Getting a Thompson in the top half of the lottery and a wing in the mid-1st would be a nice outcome.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Jazz took Hood-Schifino with the Minny pick. Wouldn't be my favorite, but the Jazz need young guard talent more than just about any other team in the league (not named Houston).

Wow… Filipowski is hella underrated on here.
He's big that doesn't shoot it, doesn't protect the rim, and might be a liability on the perimeter... definitely isn't a plus as a switchy big man. What does he do well that we want from an nba big? He's a late first early second round guy for me.