What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

The game winning shot was guarded.
It looked quicker... I think he knows he has time so the load up looks a little slow. It may actually help him to shoot it quicker. It is a bit mechanical... but it has the right recipe.

I'm thinking my board now is

Vic
Scoot
Miller
Amen
Ausar - I'm feeling more confident about him.
Hendo
Black
Whitmore
Walker
Wallace
George

Then a bunch of other dudes.

That makes me mad... I am pretty sure I invented the "Hendo > Walker" debate. Its somewhere buried in here. It also may not be true but I'd personally feel more comfortable taking Hendo than Walker.

It's not the way I like to do things, but Jarace just passes the sniff test for me. His frame and movement give him an A+ "It factor" which is kinda BS but I'm sticking to it. Hendo looks better on paper, however, so I should spend more time watching him.

Interesting because I thought his shot looked clunky and not natural.
Maybe get your eyes checked. His C&S looks just fine.

It's not the most beautiful or fluid, but all the fundamentals are there. Has a 90 degree angle at his set point, bent wrist, releases above his eye level, nice balance on the shot, high arc, nice follow through.

The only thing that makes his shot slow is that he is dipping the ball on every shot, which he should (if that's how he shoots best atm) given the fact guys arent guarding him for his shot.

It looked quicker... I think he knows he has time so the load up looks a little slow. It may actually help him to shoot it quicker. It is a bit mechanical... but it has the right recipe.

Vic
Scoot
Miller
Amen
Hendo
Black
Whitmore
Walker
Wallace
George

Would you rather end up with two of these dudes, non Victor or Scoot division, or just Scoot?

It's not the way I like to do things, but Jarace just passes the sniff test for me. His frame and movement give him an A+ "It factor" which is kinda BS but I'm sticking to it. Hendo looks better on paper, however, so I should spend more time watching him.
Hendo has the more directly translatable game. He shoots 3's and he shoots them well. Jarace has better indicators for upside with his ball-handling and flashes of self-creation.

Hendo is also kind of top heavy with twig legs. Jarace is just a full-built tank.

1678296964240.png
1678296984372.png

Side by side look at Per 40 minutes numbers in conference play for Jarace and Hendricks.

Would you rather end up with two of these dudes, non Victor or Scoot division, or just Scoot?
Miller/Amen or Scoot is TOUGH... I'm a believer in Scoot though... I guess I'll take Scoot though i could be swayed pretty easily.

Why are we concerned about Cam’s rebounding when his per 40 RPG are almost identical to Hendricks?

Tier 1
1.Wemby

Tier 2
2. Scoot

Tier 3
3. Brandon Miller

Tier 4
4. Jarace Walker
5. Cam Whitmore

Tier 5

6. Keyonte George
7. Bilal Coulibaly
8. Anthony Black
9. Cason Wallace
10. Jett Howard
11. Brice Sensabaugh
12. Gradey Dick
13. Amen Thompson
14. Ausar Thompson

Tier 6

15. Noah Clowney
16. Jordan Hawkins
17. Nick Smith Jr
18. Taylor Hendricks
19. Dariq Whitehead
20. Kyle Filipowski
21. Rayan Rupert
22. Terq Smith
23. Kris Murray
24. Derrick Lively

Tier 7

25. Sidy Cissolo
26. Kobe Bufkin
27. Jalen Hood Schifino

Rest

Max Lewis
Jaylen Clark
Kalel Ware
GG Jackson
Leonard Miller
Jamie Jaquez
Emoni Bates
Dillon Mitchell
Julian Phillips

Quoted post is from a few weeks ago. Here's how things are moving for me:

Tier1
Wemby

Tier 2
Scoot

Tier 3
Brandon Miller

Tier 4
Jarace Walker
Cam Whitmore

Tier 5
Keyonte George
Bilal Coulibaly
Anthony Black
Cason Wallace

Tier 6
Amen Thompson
Ausar Thompson
Sidy Cissoko
Gradey Dick
Taylor Hendricks

Tier 7
Jett Howard
Brice Sensabaugh
Jordan Hawkins
Noah Clowney
Nick Smith Jr

Tier 8
Rayan Rupert
Derrick Lively
Kyle Filipowski
Azuolas Tubelis

Tier 9
Terq Smith
Kris Murray
Jaime Jaquez
Jalen Hood Schifino

Tier 10
Dariq Whitehead
Kobe Bufkin
Amari Bailey
Jaylen Clark

Do we like the Thompson twins around here? We are kind of shifting tiers for our realistic targets. Feels like picks 3-8 can go a million different ways. I'm excited to watch Walker with Houston in the tourney.
I like both. I dont have that many concerns about Ausar shooting the ball. I think he's going to be a passable shooter if he's used as an off-ball player

I love Amen, but his shooting is a concern. It's hard to be a lead guard if you cant shoot off the dribble.

Wow… no way. I’d take Miller and Amen all day. Hell, I would hesitate to take Scoot over Miller as it is today.
Yea I think I made it too easy. Should have taken away the top 5 and then say any two of the remaining dudes. I basically haven’t watched Scoot at all, just know that he’s been the consensus #2 all year.

I know none of these dudes would be psyched about Utah. But he’s the one who I feel the most strongly would just be absolutely crestfallen about coming here. I have no evidence for this, just vibes.

How does Scoot compare to the top of the last few drafts as a prospect?

I would love to get someone who would thrive at the 3/4 with Lauri as the 5 in lineups. I think that could be a key lineup for us in the future in the playoffs.

Hendo has the more directly translatable game. He shoots 3's and he shoots them well. Jarace has better indicators for upside with his ball-handling and flashes of self-creation.

Hendo is also kind of top heavy with twig legs. Jarace is just a full-built tank.

View attachment 13994
View attachment 13995

Side by side look at Per 40 minutes numbers in conference play for Jarace and Hendricks.

Yeah I'm usually a numbers heavy guy....but just watching the two players move I like Jarace more. He's got a low center of gravity and really broad shoulders. I think he can/will guard everyone and it gives him an advantage with his off the dribble game too. Hendo is just a little too upright for me and it makes me think it will limit him on both ends.

View attachment 13994
View attachment 13995

I'm not sure this helps or hurts the case that Walker>Hendo.

I think shooting is just so important in the league and Jarace isn't in Taylor's class there. I don't know that you want Walker self creating a ton unless he is great at it.

IDK... just think its a lot closer than most experts/mocks have it now.

Wow… no way. I’d take Miller and Amen all day. Hell, I would hesitate to take Scoot over Miller as it is today.
I like Scoot a lot. I think Amen/Miller could be the right call though. I think Scoot will be a superstar but Miller/Amen have star potential. I think Miller is a really safe pick so the floor on a Miller/Amen is better than just Scoot.

IDK... its a tough question.

I

Vic
Scoot
Miller
Amen
Hendo
Black
Whitmore
Walker
Wallace
George

I'm glad to see a top 10 without Dick. Sure he can shoot, but we need more of an all around game than Kyle Korver light.

I like Scoot a lot. I think Amen/Miller could be the right call though. I think Scoot will be a superstar but Miller/Amen have star potential. I think Miller is a really safe pick so the floor on a Miller/Amen is better than just Scoot.

IDK... its a tough question.
You’re saying the #2 player on your board is better than both 3/4 together. That is ****ing wild lol. Miller could easily end up being the second best player in the class.

I think with Scoot the thing that sways me is I really have very little doubt he is going to be a great offensive initiator/engine. There are like parts of Ja/CP3 etc. to his game that are just juicy. Having that guy with Lauri and Walker would be pretty electric and the other pieces are things you can find. If we landed at 3 or 4 and had a chance to trade to #2 because a team isn't sold... I'd do it.