What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

So… what can we get with the 8th pick boys!?!?!?

I think we're going to push for #6. We need to test Indiana's resolve. I think the Jazz want Cam Whitmore or a Thompson if they can't get in the top 2. A big-time athlete would change this team.

So if Jarace Walker drops to us at say 7th-8th, and he's the best player available, do we take him?

Would that restrict Lauri to just playing the 3?

Someone sell me on Cam.

He’s an athlete but I don’t see him as elite there. Not a great shooter. Is only an ok rebounder. Doesn’t often take over a games.

What am I missing?

Either Lauri or Jarace could play the 3 or 4. Wouldn’t be a bad pairing at all.
You play the position you can guard right? Could Walker guard quicker 3s in the NBA?

Also is he a Rui Hachimura type that's been phasing out of the NBA in recent years?

You play the position you can guard right? Could Walker guard quicker 3s in the NBA?

Also is he a Rui Hachimura type that's been phasing out of the NBA in recent years?
Walker is maybe the only dude In this draft that can guard 1-5. He can very much guard 3’s in the NBA.

His biggest attribute is he is likely the best defender in the draft.

Walker is maybe the only dude In this draft that can guard 1-5. He can very much guard 3’s in the NBA.

His biggest attribute is he is likely the best defender in the draft.
I would love him more if we don't already have Kessler, and we could go small ball and play Walker at 5, Lauri at 4, etc..

Everyone on the floor can shoot the 3 .. that's a scary lineup potentially.

Man, the more I look into Jarace Walker, the more I like him.

Tough defender. Can shoot 3s. Competitor. Improving passer - which is gonna make Markkanen wayyy better as a cutter.

Also think he's such a DA type player.. did DA draft Marcus Smart? I see a lot of Smart in Walker in terms of toughness.

I'm dreaming.

Someone sell me on Cam.

He’s an athlete but I don’t see him as elite there. Not a great shooter. Is only an ok rebounder. Doesn’t often take over a games.

What am I missing?
I don’t think you are missing much. I think he’s worth a top ten pick because when you hit on wings like him it’s huge. I worry he’s closer to Isaac Okoro than Iggy… I just always come back to Hendo with the wings… you want shooting… well Hendo is better there… defense is probably still Hendo. He may not be as good individually as lockdown defender as Whitmore projects to be… but I think those guys are a little more of a myth in todays nba.

Someone sell me on Cam.

What am I missing?

He'll crush people in isolation. He has such an explosive first step, defenders will have to give him space and he should be able to get some simple looks as a result. His shooting is okay and should improve. He's tough and disruptive defensively. His ability to overpower smaller wings should make him a mismatch.

Someone sell me on Cam.

What am I missing?
This is exactly how I feel.

Last edited:
I don’t think you are missing much. I think he’s worth a top ten pick because when you hit on wings like him it’s huge. I worry he’s closer to Isaac Okoro than Iggy… I just always come back to Hendo with the wings… you want shooting… well Hendo is better there… defense is probably still Hendo. He may not be as good individually as lockdown defender as Whitmore projects to be… but I think those guys are a little more of a myth in todays nba.
I think Cam projects to be a guy who can create his own shot, but Hendricks projects to be a guy that needs to be set up. Other than that, I think you are right.