What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Here's an attempt at a mock draft Top 20 at the end of the NCAA season, based on a draft order from Tankathon...

1 Rockets - Victor Wembanayma
2 Magic - Scoot Henderson
3 Pacers - Cam Whitmore
4 Spurs - Amen Thompson
5 Pistons - Brandon Miller
6 Hornets - Keyonte George
7 Magic - Jarace Walker
8 Thunder - Ausur Thompson
9 Blazers - Nick Smith Jr.
10 Wizards - Anthony Black
11 Raptors - GG Jackson
12 Jazz - Gradey Dick
13 Pelicans - Taylor Hendricks
14 Lakers - Jett Howard
15 Hawks - Kris Murray
16 Warriors - Brice Sensabaugh
17 Knicks - Dariq Whitehead
18 Jazz - Cason Wallace
19 Rockets - Jalen Hood-Schifino
20 Heat - Sidy Cissoko

Here's an attempt at a mock draft Top 20 at the end of the NCAA season, based on a draft order from Tankathon...

1 Rockets - Victor Wembanayma
2 Magic - Scoot Henderson
3 Pacers - Cam Whitmore
4 Spurs - Amen Thompson
5 Pistons - Brandon Miller
6 Hornets - Keyonte George
7 Magic - Jarace Walker
8 Thunder - Ausur Thompson
9 Blazers - Nick Smith Jr.
10 Wizards - Anthony Black
11 Raptors - GG Jackson
12 Jazz - Gradey Dick
13 Pelicans - Taylor Hendricks
14 Lakers - Jett Howard
15 Hawks - Kris Murray
16 Warriors - Brice Sensabaugh
17 Knicks - Dariq Whitehead
18 Jazz - Cason Wallace
19 Rockets - Jalen Hood-Schifino
20 Heat - Sidy Cissoko
Highly doubt Miller falls.

Why would Charlotte go for a combo guard over a wing or Walker

Would be surprised if GG went lotto.

Someone usually falls but not sure I'd guess Wallace

Just my 2 cents.

OK, everyone seems to be posting their mocks. Here is where I am currently at...
1 Victor Wembanyama
2 Scoot Henderson
3 Brandon Miller
4 Amen Thompson
5 Cam Whitmore
6 Ausur Thompson
7 Jarace Walker
8 Anthony Black
9 Keyonte George
10 Cason Wallace
11 Nick Smith Jr.
12 Taylor Hendricks
13 GG Jackson
14 Gradey Dick
15 Sidy Cissoko
16 Jalen Hood-Schifino
17 Jordan Hawkins
18 Leonard Miller
19 Dariq Whitehead
20 Kris Murray
21 Maxwell Lewis
22 Jett Howard
23 Brice Sensabaugh
24 Kyle Filipowski
25 Kobe Bufkin
26 Adem Bona
27 Jalen Wilson
28 Rayan Rupert
29 Dereck Lively
30 Julian Strawther

Highly doubt Miller falls.

Why would Charlotte go for a combo guard over a wing or Walker

Would be surprised if GG went lotto.

Someone usually falls but not sure I'd guess Wallace

Just my 2 cents.

Miller going #5 shouldn't be considered falling, imo. Indiana would be choosing between Miller and Whitmore. I suppose they could go the other way and take Miller, but Whitmore is going to be a better on-ball creator and bigger mismatch, imo. Amen Thompson's value is maximized playing on the ball, but I'm not sure I'd take the ball out of Haliburton's hands. With Whitmore, I get superior athleticism and a player that complements Hali.

Charlotte has Lamelo and Rozier in their backcourt. They need spacing and scoring. Bouknight hasn't panned out. Keyonte fits the bill. They could go Jarace here possibly, but Keyonte is going to be tempting as someone who can play next to Lamelo or spell him.

Someone is going to fall in love with GG and Masai Ujiri is a strong candidate to be that guy, essentially drafting an understudy for Siakam. Toronto needs to draft for star potential and GG has it. If I were Toronto, I'd also look at Cason Wallace, since my guard creation is all but limited to FVV right now.

I think Wallace is going to go in the mid-1st round unless a team has a clear positional need and falls in love. He'd be good value for the Jazz with the T'wolves' pick.

OK, everyone seems to be posting their mocks. Here is where I am currently at...
1 Victor Wembanyama
2 Scoot Henderson
3 Brandon Miller
4 Amen Thompson
5 Cam Whitmore
6 Ausur Thompson
7 Jarace Walker
8 Anthony Black
9 Keyonte George
10 Cason Wallace
11 Nick Smith Jr.
12 Taylor Hendricks
13 GG Jackson
14 Gradey Dick
15 Sidy Cissoko
16 Jalen Hood-Schifino
17 Jordan Hawkins
18 Leonard Miller
19 Dariq Whitehead
20 Kris Murray
21 Maxwell Lewis
22 Jett Howard
23 Brice Sensabaugh
24 Kyle Filipowski
25 Kobe Bufkin
26 Adem Bona
27 Jalen Wilson
28 Rayan Rupert
29 Dereck Lively
30 Julian Strawther
mock or big board? I mean how can anyone legit have a mock without knowing who is picking? I guess we can go by bpa but overall a lot of variables to factor after Wemby that is almost a lock to be different outcomes. Based all on who has the podium. btw there is no way Bufkin declares imo

Miller going #5 shouldn't be considered falling, imo. Indiana would be choosing between Miller and Whitmore. I suppose they could go the other way and take Miller, but Whitmore is going to be a better on-ball creator and bigger mismatch, imo. Amen Thompson's value is maximized playing on the ball, but I'm not sure I'd take the ball out of Haliburton's hands. With Whitmore, I get superior athleticism and a player that complements Hali.

Charlotte has Lamelo and Rozier in their backcourt. They need spacing and scoring. Bouknight hasn't panned out. Keyonte fits the bill. They could go Jarace here possibly, but Keyonte is going to be tempting as someone who can play next to Lamelo or spell him.

Someone is going to fall in love with GG and Masai Ujiri is a strong candidate to be that guy, essentially drafting an understudy for Siakam. Toronto needs to draft for star potential and GG has it. If I were Toronto, I'd also look at Cason Wallace, since my guard creation is all but limited to FVV right now.

I think Wallace is going to go in the mid-1st round unless a team has a clear positional need and falls in love. He'd be good value for the Jazz with the T'wolves' pick.
The #1 Miller hater strikes again!

The #1 Miller hater strikes again!
I agree there is no chance Miller falls to 5 if there are no legit civil suits on him at the time of the draft to raise red flags about his character. But he won't be drafted at 5 either if there are. We have seen plenty of kids slide to far less concerns about behavior than one's where a draft prospect was closely associated with and potentialy invoivled in a 187

This is absolutely bananas. Trying to not too fall too head-over-heels in love with him since I know so little but it's getting kinda difficult.

G-league is much better for showcasing players than the NCAA. Imagine if Cam Whitmore or Jarace Walker were playing for Ignite. There'd be highlights every night.