What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Keyonte the kind of player who is nearly a universal fit on any team. Jazz don't have what he brings on the roster outside of Clarkson at a far lower talent level.

I don't love him, but what you are saying is definitely wrong.
A 6'4" combo guard with a top 10 pick. Ok.

I don't think I would go that far. Nothing wrong with liking certain players. I think he will be a good to great player. I just don't think he fits with the Jazz, especially when there are other players that do.
So a team that has its best players as bigs doesn't need an off the dribble shooting player who can operate in the PNR?

I don't love him, but what you are saying is definitely wrong.
giphy.gif

A 6'4" combo guard with a top 10 pick. Ok.
Sir a lot of the best players in the NBA are 6'4 (or near sized) combo guards. I get not loving them, cuz I certainly don't, but they are highly valuable in the NBA and there is a track record that it isn't some rare occurrence

or you could get a comparable player like that later in the draft, trade for one, or FA.
You can say that about any player....

We just saw Donovan Mitchell go for 4 first rounders and a near future all NBA player. These guys have supreme value when they pan out and they pair well when you have dominant big men.

Sir a lot of the best players in the NBA are 6'4 (or near sized) combo guards. I get not loving them, cuz I certainly don't, but they are highly valuable in the NBA and there is a track record that it isn't some rare occurrence
I get what you are saying. I think we are closer to the same belief here than you think. However, with rare exception, I don't believe those types of players end up winners. They are just really good players with really good stats.

Overall, I’m higher on Black and Filipowski than probably everyone. Lower on Walker than almost everyone and NSJ has dropped some spots for me while JHS has risen a couple spots.

Overall, I’m higher on Black and Filipowski than probably everyone. Lower on Walker than almost everyone and NSJ has dropped some spots for me while JHS has risen a couple spots.
I'm right there with you on Black... think I had him top 5 earlier in the season. Probably watched him too much and started to make excuses (that might be legit) for not seeing some of the things I would want... have been flip flopping with him and Cam but I think Whitmore might be ahead of him on draft night.

Feels like a lot of the top players will not be playing in the tournament or likely to make it very far.
There will be 1 or 2 guys that raise their stock... likely beyond what they really should. But yeah... a bunch of the guys you'd want to watch won't be in the tournament.

This is Jazz specific btw.

1-Wemby
2- Scoot
3- Miller
4- Amen
5- Whitmore
6- Ausar
7- Black
8- Tay Henny
9- Walker
10- George - Could flip flop George and Wallace depending on the day
11- Wallace
12- Dick
13- Sidy
14- Whitehead
15- Sensabaugh

Didn't feel great at the end tbh. Really wanted to put Jett and Jordan Hawkins in around the 13th spots because I feel a lot more certain about fit. Decided to try for more upside in that range... not sure that's how I'd actually draft.

Last edited:
If the Jazz don’t get lucky, I think getting Whitmore might be the highest-ceiling player on the board if he’s there.

That’s what I’m aiming for: ceiling. The Jazz seemingly churn out middling players from the scrap heap so I am not really worried about the floor. The Jazz also have 1 million 1sts so there’s another avenue to aim for safe selections.

It’s time to swing for the fences.

When/If I have another Jimmy Butler/Franz Wagner revelation where a prospect just jumps off the screen/page, I will let everyone know. Honestly haven’t seen that player besides Wemby.

BTW, we’ll never know how right I might’ve been on EJ Liddell with his toughest of breaks last summer.