What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Excited to watch George and Hawkins today. George is usually not my type of prospect, but I do think he has the best chance of being a great off the dribble shooter which is a super premium skillset. If he can do that in the NBA, he will be a star. Hawkins is probably my pick for the best pure shooter in this draft, however. His jumper looks so versatile and he takes a high degree of difficulty shots. I think he can be Buddy Hield in the NBA.
When does Hawkins play? I might have to watch my first college basketball game of the year lol.

SOme dude named Chris Youngblood giving Xavier and Colby Jones the business. I just like his name and he's got good stats.

I wouldn't mind drafting Dick with our first selection. I have him in my 10 or so players that I would be content with so we don't have to trade up. I made a post earlier about how there are a lot of comparable shooters in this draft, and I still believe that based on the production we've seen, but in classic white guy fashion I think the other parts of his game has been underrated because there's a fixation on him being a shooter. The one thing I wish he did was put up more 3's....but that could totally be coaching decision.
I mean, 50% of his shots are threes at >5 a game…

I would like to see him at the 9+ 3PA per40 range like Hawkins, Jett, and Keyonte. His coach may not allow it, but I'd like to see it.
I mean hawkins has the the offense built around him and Keyonte is getting his off the dribble. Dick is assimilating into the offense in a little more reasonable way given his talents and the quality of the team he is on.

Just based on today, Hawkins looks lazy, scrawny, uninspired, and like he only takes bad shots. I haven’t watched him much prior, but he is not looking like a lottery pick or even a first rounder even. He’s not even been one of the 5 or 6 most impressive players in this game. I know this is harsh, but he has been really bad.