What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvgmFDQ8pIw

Creighton is one of the team's I will keep an eye on this season.

Arthur Kaluma might be my top Jazz pre-season target if the Jazz end up being a late lottery/early playoff team. Sophomore so he might fall to that range as Freshman overtake him.

Scheirman will just be interesting to watch. Would be a fun player if he can manage to learn NBA level defense.

There's only been an open scrimmage and one exhibition game, but I'm liking how GG Jackson looks, especially for a 17 year-old. He's just got the right combination of things -- enough size, enough athleticism, enough handle, enough shooting touch, enough aggressiveness getting downhill, enough timing on steals and blocks. He's got the tools to be a significant player as a baseline.

Except Harden being out might help them...
Harden and Maxey were already both top ten in minutes played per game. Melton has back stiffness… I’m sure replacing those 38 minutes with Shake Milton and Furkan Korkmaz will have a super positive effect. Even if it means more Embiid touches it will mean more of a chance of wearing him out.

This isn’t horrible but there is no realistic scenario it helps them.

Harden and Maxey were already both top ten in minutes played per game. Melton has back stiffness… I’m sure replacing those 38 minutes with Shake Milton and Furkan Korkmaz will have a super positive effect. Even if it means more Embiid touches it will mean more of a chance of wearing him out.

This isn’t horrible but there is no realistic scenario it helps them.
Yeah, I think it will. Obviously it wouldnt be a positive thing long-term, but in the short-term it will help them revert back to their play-style strengths and will probably get Tobias back to being more involved.

Yeah, I think it will. Obviously it wouldnt be a positive thing long-term, but in the short-term it will help them revert back to their play-style strengths and will probably get Tobias back to being more involved.
Yeah I mean Tobias has a long history of totally stepping up when they need him to.

It's November....

And he's played extremely well so far
Sure... Basically if Embiid doesn't start playing like mvp Embiid they will be under .500 while Harden is out. If he steps up and is healthy the whole time then they can go 10-5 or something like that. If they get slow injured Embiid then they in much bigger trouble.

Then when Harden comes back there will be an adjustment period again and he will need some time to shake some rust.

Sure... Basically if Embiid doesn't start playing like mvp Embiid they will be under .500 while Harden is out. If he steps up and is healthy the whole time then they can go 10-5 or something like that. If they get slow injured Embiid then they in much bigger trouble.

Then when Harden comes back there will be an adjustment period again and he will need some time to shake some rust.
OK, What do you think their record will be over the next month? (which seems to be 15 games if it's a straight month).

They were 2-4 w/ their fully healthy roster, so .33 win percentage.

That would be 5-10 over the next month. They will outperform 5-10 with Harden being out.

The biggest winners of this draft will be among the teams picking outside of the Top 2. Their GM's can choose players they actually want and need. Their hand isn't forced by ridiculous hype and they're not signing their own professional death sentence if they don't pick the latest golden boy of NBA social media.

The biggest winners of this draft will be among the teams picking outside of the Top 2. Their GM's can choose players they actually want and need. Their hand isn't forced by ridiculous hype and they're not signing their own professional death sentence if they don't pick the latest golden boy of NBA social media.
Those GM's can always trade out if they truly believe that.

OK, What do you think their record will be over the next month? (which seems to be 15 games if it's a straight month).

They were 2-4 w/ their fully healthy roster, so .33 win percentage.

That would be 5-10 over the next month. They will outperform 5-10 with Harden being out.
Wow.... well with Embiid out they are 2-1 so I guess they just hold him out and go 10-5.

They should outperform 5-10. Looking at the schedule I'd guess they go 6-9 or 7-8... If Embiid is playing well they do better than that. With a healthy Embiid and Harden I'd say 10-5 is around where I'd expect them to play.

If you are going to say "it might be good for them" if Harden is out then they better do .500 or better over that period. I'd set the over/under at 7.5 wins over the 15 games and would take the under.

Wow.... well with Embiid out they are 2-1 so I guess they just hold him out and go 10-5.

They should outperform 5-10. Looking at the schedule I'd guess they go 6-9 or 7-8... If Embiid is playing well they do better than that. With a healthy Embiid and Harden I'd say 10-5 is around where I'd expect them to play.

If you are going to say "it might be good for them" if Harden is out then they better do .500 or better over that period. I'd set the over/under at 7.5 wins over the 15 games and would take the under.
And they should have outperformed what they did when Harden/Embiid were both healthy, but they didnt. They clearly had issues. Of course we would expect that to get cleaned up at some point and for the level of basketball to rise at some point. All I'm saying is that with Harden being out that point will come sooner. It will be easier for them to figure out and get back on the same page. There will be more urgency with Harden out.

10-5 is on pace for a 54 win season, which would be a top 5 team in the NBA. That's what everyone thought the Sixers were coming into the season, so I agree with you that's what Harden/Embiid (with everyone else healthy as well) should be doing, but they werent. Looking at their upcoming month, I would say they would be like 7-8 w/ a fully healthy team. I think they will go 9-6.