What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Not really similar prospects. Dieng was a tall shooter/scorer who didn’t put the ball in the basket very well….but some believed he could get better.

Rupert is a defensive prospect and everyone kinda knows he will struggle on offense.
I am not an expert on the particulars. They just trip my "wow look at this specimen that isn't good enough at basketball and will probably do very little in the NBA" radar.

One theorem that I have. You have to badly beat out the average player in the league to be a long-term starter quality player and the average player is really good at many of the core skills. You have to find one or two skills that are elite to stick or you WILL BUST even though compared to the general population you are really good at those skills. Bilal is on the edge of busting he has great vertical, shoots good on low volume and has good defensive package but...but...can he badly beat the average scrub with those skills?...maybe, maybe not especially if he is timid.

For me players that have two skills to put a hurting on the average scrub.
Wemby
Sorry Jarace the average drop coverage big man can stop you.
Cam
Ausur with the weakest endorsement possible
Taylor
Dick
Brice
Kobe
Maybe Bilal but it is sketchy
And one more that I am forgetting but he shoots crazy good and moves well
Wong

Last edited:
I am not an expert on the particulars. They just trip my "wow look at this specimen that isn't good enough at basketball and will probably do very little in the NBA" radar.

They are very different prospects. I prefer to look at prospects for what they offer as prospects and not as their nationality. If they were both American we wouldn’t put them in the same boat, but because they are both French we do?

We also don’t know about Dieng going forward. No one drafted him expecting to do anything year one, so I don’t know why we would count them as a failure or whatever based on year one.

There’s a longer list of American players that suck. There’s just a lot more American players so of course there’s going to be more that suck and more that don’t.

The ratio of international players that suck vs being good is terrible considering it’s only a few a year that get drafted.

They are very different prospects. I prefer to look at prospects for what they offer as prospects and not as their nationality. If they were both American we wouldn’t put them in the same boat, but because they are both French we do?

We also don’t know about Dieng going forward. No one drafted him expecting to do anything year one, so I don’t know why we would count them as a failure or whatever based on year one.

Let’s see, should we compare players who play in similar leagues to each other or not?

Ehh, there are American players like that all the time. In fact, Chris Singletary is probably the mascot for this type of player.

The ratio of international players that suck vs being good is terrible considering it’s only a few a year that get drafted.

Do you know how a ratio works? If there’s less of them that get drafted there’s also less of them that end up good lol.

I'm pretty sure your jinxes are the reason the Timberwolves made the playoffs so maybe just cool it with this ****.

Lol bro you have no idea. I was legit the only person on this site who thought Minnesota was going to be a play-in team. Without me they would have been a top-4 lock.

Let’s see, should we compare players who play in similar leagues to each other or not?

I would not say two college players are similar because they both played in college. Likewise, I would not call two players from the Aussie league similar because they both played in the Aussie league.

Do you know how a ratio works? If there’s less of them that get drafted there’s also less of them that end up good lol.

Bro you are legit dumb lmao. I’m legit dying laughing at how smart you think you are but say stupid **** like this.

I would not say two college players are similar because they both played in college. Likewise, I would not call two players from the Aussie league similar because they both played in the Aussie league.

Who said anything about being similar? You get on Cy for "pretend arguments" then go on and do it yourself. Just shut up.

Ehh, there are American players like that all the time. In fact, Chris Singletary is probably the mascot for this type of player.

Yeah, and that’s why I would compare players on their skillset and what they offer as a player rather than grouping them by nationality.

Idk about you, but athletic wing with long arms is an archetype I’d want to bet on. Don’t care how many anecdotal counter examples are brought up. There will always be hits/misses, but there will also always be a need for athletic two way wings.

Who said anything about being similar? You get on Cy for "pretend arguments" then go on and do it yourself. Just shut up.

Literally @NUMBERICA lol. Also you literally asked if we should compare players on the league they came from. To me, that’s a no. Are you upset that I answered the question you directly asked?

Eliza admits he doesn’t know how a ratio works? Haha

If only a couple of players each year get drafted you only need 1 to hit to have a decent ratio and the fact that you don’t even have that means international prospects disappoint more of the time than not.

Haha KqWIN doesn’t know how ratios work lolz.

If only a couple of players each year get drafted you only need 1 to hit to have a decent ratio and the fact that you don’t even have that means international prospects disappoint more of the time than not.

Haha

Do you have any evidence that overseas players have a worse ratio or worse than American players? You can't just list off bad overseas players and act like you've done something lol. I can very easily list off a much longer list of American players. Until you have a real argument as to why the overseas prospects have worse outcomes, you are completely talking out of your ***.

Like, you can't even say what a good ratio is. If you can, I dare you too. You won't because it's completely out of your ***. A ratio is a dumb way to look at this anyways because outcomes are relative to draft position.