What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Imagine a whole new generation of kids growing up with this poster on their wall...

FwUEEp3aQAARfhS
I must keep this picture from my wife at all cost!! Next thing I know, she’ll be forcing me to get in this pose for family pictures.

Is Brandon Miller really better than both the Twins? I didn't watch any games with him. Can anyone enlighten?

Is Brandon Miller really better than both the Twins? I didn't watch any games with him. Can anyone enlighten?
he's bigger and more skilled in every way. miller is an elite shooter. the thompson twins shot 29% (ausar) and 25% (amen) from three in their OTE season - let that sink in while you watch them in empty gyms. shooting is kind of a big deal in the nba. the only thing they have on him is athleticism and Miller is a plus athlete so even that advantage isn't that big a deal. there is a reason miller is a top 3 lock.

Has enough time passed where people are over the “omg sky is falling, we’re going to draft a G-leaguer and Victor/Pops is going to dominate us for the next twenty years” phase or should I check-in later this week?

ausar > amen. you heard it here first. (i've been consistent on this point, ftr - not just saying that after watching that one video)

This has picked up steam throughout the year, you could argue Ausar had a better season than Amen. Amen is 100% the better athlete and just more dynamic in general IMO. I think if either them becomes an all NBA player it will be Amen....but I think Ausar ends up better in 6/10 outcomes. He has the higher floor with a better shot.

Cam might just be a better prospect both tbh. If age was equal, I'd lean towards the twins, but they are almost a year and half older than Cam.

Yeah Auser is not any better smh they are both terrible shooters that do everything else really well. One is more known for his playmaking in Amen, which allowed for forgiveness by scouts to his shortcomings as a shooter. Fact is both are good playmakers.
I think we would draft either and be happy if one fell to 9 aka Kuminga.

People are putting way to much value in some of these picks. I wouldn't give up 2 starters and the #9 pick for the 3rd pick. Miller is good but he has character issues and he is only one player with potential but hasn't done squat in the NBA. Jazz fanz always want to trade away their players. Trading Lauri would set back the rebuild 2 years easy.

I'm not excited to trade him, but IMO you have to consider it. There is difference between a star and a superstar. I guess it will depend on how certain you are that Scoot or Miller will be that...
He was an All-star who is just now showing what people thought he could do. Now you want to wait 3 or 4 years for these guys to maybe make an all-star team. I don't get Jazz fans, many of them are in the grass is always greener crowd. Jazz need to add talent not give it away. Lauri showed he is not afraid to take the important shots in crunch time. He made several this past year. Jazz need to get more athletic and add some defenders and another scorer. They will be right there again. If you look at this last season the Jazz only were blown out in a few games. They were competitive in most games so let's not give away our star from some unproven draft pick.

GG continues to devastate empty gyms across America. He looks big though, pushing 6'10" in shoes. He also hit 15/19 3PAs in this sequence. Don't be shocked if he gets back in the top 10 of the draft.

View: https://twitter.com/NBADraftWass/status/1658972502280863746

For anyone impressed by this… there are likely multiple posters on this forum that can duplicate this in an open gym… including myself.

Nba personnel are not persuaded by this stuff but it is cute.