What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

The Spurs are probably a huge player to get back into the lottery. Keldon Johnson would be a great addition to the Rockets/Pistons.

Do you think he’s worth a top-5 pick? I don’t. Rumor is they want a PG. Might be looking to trade for Black or Wallace.

The other thing with Bilal is that is was only a year ago where he seemed to be clearly behind Rupert/Sidy on his national team pecking order. A lot can change in a year and/ord the program could just be flat out wrong about how they divvied up playing time, but it still seems wild he has gotten so much hype relative to Rupert/Sidy when he clearly had the easiest situation. He plays in a weaker pro-league where he is teammates with a generational NBA talent.

It's possible the Jazz have a deal on the table with Orlando, where Orlando trades back from 6 to 9. Their target would probably be Hendricks or Dick at 9. Jazz would be targeting Whitmore or Walker at 6. Jazz would probably have to give up 16 in that deal, but maybe they can do something else where they get 11 from Orlando or 10 from Dallas. That would enable them to nab the guard of their choice, whoever that ends up being.

It's sounding like the Jazz are prepared to lose both Clarkson and Horton-Tucker. Pick 16 may be too late to get any of the guards they'd want...unless they want Nick Smith. If I were the Jazz, I'd be just as intrigued with Bilal as I am Anthony Black. Bilal has shown some three-level ability and really nice defensive flashes.
If Orlando is a Bilal team... I wonder if we could use that to move up or get more from OKC to move back. Like if Orlando is the promise at 11 then OKC ponies up a bit more to get to #9... maybe Orlando love Bilal and Dick and thinks they can get both while moving back to 9.

Bilal being a hot commodity is a good thing we can capitalize on. If someone did happen to jump up and take Bilal top 8 that would be amazing too.

Do you think he’s worth a top-5 pick? I don’t. Rumor is they want a PG. Might be looking to trade for Black or Wallace.
Its close around #5... he is signed for 4/74M so its a great value. I'd think it would cost a pick and Keldon to get to #4 or #5.

Portland might be one to watch if Spurs go Johnson and stuff... SA could land Wemby and Scoot...

I'd just draft Whitmore rather than trade for Keldon Johnson.
Signing a coach like Williams signals they want to start winning IMO. Whitmore might be better than Keldon, he might not, but Keldon is ready now to help Cade/Ivey/Bogey/Duren win.

I really like Whitmore, but I dont think it's a slam dunk he's an All-Star.

Signing a coach like Williams signals they want to start winning IMO. Whitmore might be better than Keldon, he might not, but Keldon is ready now to help Cade/Ivey/Bogey/Duren win.

I really like Whitmore, but I dont think it's a slam dunk he's an All-Star.

Okay, but Keldon isn't an All Star either. I'm not keen to give #5 for Keldon Johnson, tbh.

I really like Keldon. He'd be a perfect fit on Detroit. SAS has Hawks picks to add as well. Not only is Keldon good, he's on a very fair contract.
They have a heavily protected pick from Charlotte, and lightly protected picks from Toronto and Chicago as well. If they throw in an Atlanta pick, and the Chicago pick plus Johnson they might get themselves #3... can likely work a Nurkic swap of some sort too.

Jazz have to view this draft as an opportunity to walk away with an athletic 2-way wing and a solid guard. The time seems right to key in on a couple guys and spend a few assets.

If the Jazz want to trade for a superstar player in the future, that player still needs to want to play in Utah. The Jazz need to build a solid team to put around that superstar. Guys like Lauri, Kessler, Whitmore, Bufkin, etc. start to do that.

The fact that David Locke turned his show today into a debate about Cason Wallace vs. Kobe Bufkin, and ended by making a case for Bufkin, seems like a sign to me. It seems like he was introducing Bufkin and polishing him up. Locke hasn't said much, if anything, about Keyonte George, Jalen Hood-Schifino or Nick Smith.

The fact that David Locke turned his show today into a debate about Cason Wallace vs. Kobe Bufkin, and ended by making a case for Bufkin, seems like a sign to me. It seems like he was introducing Bufkin and polishing him up. Locke hasn't said much, if anything, about Keyonte George, Jalen Hood-Schifino or Nick Smith.

Locke isn’t as in tune with who we like as in the past. Wouldn’t really look into it too much. He said some dumb **** about Black too.

If there was a weird Bilal bidding war and OKC offered #12, Our 2024 1st, and another first later or like 25 2nds (they have a ton) I think that might be amazing value... and we likely still land Black/Wallace/Bufkin.

Also if Orlando likes Bilal/Ausar/Whitmore about the same I could see them being fine moving back to #9 while collecting the Lakers pick or another.

I think the Orlando option is the better of the two... but it could get interesting.

I think Cam has more scoring upside than just about everyone. I think he could easily be better than Miller, not saying he is a better prospect because Miller does so many things well.
I know we’re supposed to just forget that he absolutely vanished at the end of the year and that he was involved in a murder but I am increasingly not sure why we’re supposed to forget those things.

I think we should give Orlando 9, 16 and a lightly protected future pick for 6 and 11. That assumes, we can't get 5 from Detroit. Jazz go after Whitmore and some guard, whether it's Wallace, Bufkin, Hood-Schifino, Dick, George or Bilal.

Then take another flier at 28.
I would love that deal, but I don't think that would be giving enough for Orlando to say yes.