What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Speaking of rebounding I’m pretty sure guards with high rebound % in college end up being pretty good pros. Obviously not just because of that but it is a decent indicator.
Rebounding and blocked shots are two of the most universal things that carry over from College to the pros.

Rebounding and blocked shots are two of the most universal things that carry over from College to the pros.
Blocked shots are one of the things with the least carryover.....

The amount of guys who averaged 2 blocks in college who can hardly get .5 blocks per game is huge. The NBA game is just so much more spaced and athletic it hardly translates unless you're absolutely elite and a player who is going to stay near the rim.

It’s a specific correlation with guards for some reason. Keyonte had a very high rebound % for a guard.

rebounding+stocks always been a good proxy for athleticism and IQ. If a guard has a decent amount of stocks+rebounds it doesn't necessarily mean he will be a stocks+rebounds guy in the NBA, but it has carryover to other parts of the game.

I take it back, watching Bilal is not fun. It is brutal. You have to watch Kuz and Poole dribble and shoot everything…

But it was cool to see some possessions with Bilal matched up with Luka. Might post some clips later. Another nice game 10/8/2/1 on 4/5 shooting.

I take it back, watching Bilal is not fun. It is brutal. You have to watch Kuz and Poole dribble and shoot everything…

But it was cool to see some possessions with Bilal matched up with Luka. Might post some clips later. Another nice game 10/8/2/1 on 4/5 shooting.

Must have had a good 4th? Only had 3 points at the end of the 3rd when I stopped watching. Doesn’t get the ball much on offense. Does work on the boards in limited time every game it seems.

Must have had a good 4th? Only had 3 points at the end of the 3rd when I stopped watching. Doesn’t get the ball much on offense. Does work on the boards in limited time every game it seems.

He was 3/3 so can’t complain about that, but he was still frozen from the offense. Best play was blocking Luka’s step back and catching an alley oop on the other end. The first play after Poole/Kuz got subbed out he also hit an open pull up 3 after the defense went under the screen. Very nice plays on their own, but I hesitate to say he had a good quarter when he touched the ball like 5 times. Made the most of it I guess.

I’d be more encouraged with some more 6/16 games instead of 4/5 games….but he ain’t getting many touches.

If I could I would trade for him. I think he is worth 2 picks + Sexton. The wiz may go for that.
We cant really, unless we give up Collins.

Collins would become a 25M bench player (I think Deni is a slight upgrade over him) and Brice/TH would have no path to rotation minutes without injuries (Deni needs way more minutes than Fontecchio is getting).

Plus Deni and Collins combined salaries (40M) would be a bad combo to build around for the long run.

No they woudlnt. They loved Bilal in the draft and he is succeeding early expectations.

I wonder what the front office is thinking with guys like Ausar, Black and Bilal all playing well while they stood pat and took Hendricks who’s in the G-League.

I wonder what the front office is thinking with guys like Ausar, Black and Bilal all playing well while they stood pat and took Hendricks who’s in the G-League.

They did absolute crush the George pick. Like I said I think he ends up a top-3 player from this class. Just imagine if we crushed both picks though.

I mean, likely we werent able to move up for any normal price. If these teams really liked the guys they took, the price is always going to be pretty large and probably too much of a risk.

I mean, likely we werent able to move up for any normal price. If these teams really liked the guys they took, the price is always going to be pretty large and probably too much of a risk.

Maybe but I always say go get your guy. I think unfortunately we were just too low and a couple teams thought there was a cutoff at 8. Indiana doesn’t deal with us because Washington likely takes Jarace if they do. They didn’t think the difference between Jarace and Hendricks was worth a first apparently.

So then maybe we shouldn’t bitch about it every time one of them does something???