What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

FWIW, Jerami Grant has averaged over 20 ppg for a few seasons. It's actually not that high a bar to reach anymore. It's really more about role and usage.

The 2023 Draft class was extremely productive last night:

- Hawkins 25pts (8/17), 6reb, 3ast
- Podz 23pts (9/18), 7reb 5ast
- Ausar 21pts (9/12) 8reb 3ast 3stl 2blk
- Jaime 17pts (8/13) 5 reb 1ast
- Keyonte 15 pts (4/9) 4reb 7ast
- Wallace 9pts (4/5) 5 reb 3 ast 2st 2blk
- Camara 9pts (3/6) 5reb 1ast 2blk
- Wemby 8pts (4/15) 14 reb 2blk

Hendricks: Got *** kicked in Gleague

I noticed that brandon miller didn't play. Did he get hurt?
Anthony Black with 2 points (1-4 and 0-3), zero rebounds, 1 assist, zero steals, zero blocks.
Jett howard with zero points (0-4), zero rebounds, zero assists, zero steals, zero blocks.
Wemby also was a negative 31 for the game and his team didn't even hit 90 points.
lively with 4 points and a negative 8 (mavs got killed by pelicans so not that bad of a plus/minus really)

I watched MIN-GSW and SAS-OKC.

Can confirm Podz was amazing. Also lost in that box score is that he was clutch af, played 39 minutes and was +11. GSW lost his 9 bench minutes by 14.

Wemby wasnt good though, despite the big rebound tally. He hit only 1 shot that was outside of 3 ft, missed some bunnies and had 2 of the most awkward turnovers you'll see all year, after 1 of which he stayed laying on the floor looking embarassed.

He has stuff to work out despite being such a freak.

I noticed that brandon miller didn't play. Did he get hurt?
Anthony Black with 2 points (1-4 and 0-3), zero rebounds, 1 assist, zero steals, zero blocks.
Jett howard with zero points (0-4), zero rebounds, zero assists, zero steals, zero blocks.
Wemby also was a negative 31 for the game and his team didn't even hit 90 points.
lively with 4 points and a negative 8 (mavs got killed by pelicans so not that bad of a plus/minus really)
yeah, Miller has an ankle sprain.

man, Wallace continues to burn up the nets. he's not taking a ton of shots, but man, he's hitting when they throw him the ball, showing big time bball iq with his off ball movement and the defensive prowess we all knew about.

I watched MIN-GSW and SAS-OKC.

Can confirm Podz was amazing. Also lost in that box score is that he was clutch af, played 39 minutes and was +11. GSW lost his 9 bench minutes by 14.

Wemby wasnt good though, despite the big rebound tally. He hit only 1 shot that was outside of 3 ft, missed some bunnies and had 2 of the most awkward turnovers you'll see all year, after 1 of which he stayed laying on the floor looking embarassed.

He has stuff to work out despite being such a freak.

OKC was being very physical with Wemby and it bothered him. The Refs were letting them play and he wasn't able to adjust.

man, Wallace continues to burn up the nets. he's not taking a ton of shots, but man, he's hitting when they throw him the ball, showing big time bball iq with his off ball movement and the defensive prowess we all knew about.

Cason blocked Sochan on back to back plays. For one of them he basically just took the ball right out of his hands, just disrespectful.

Cason blocked Sochan on back to back plays. For one of them he basically just took the ball right out of his hands, just disrespectful.

i've watched most of their games, but missed that one. i'd love to see video of those blocks.

dude is being asked to play a role and he's playing that role about as perfectly as you can play it - rookie or not and doing it on a playoff team. 65% FGs, 55% threes, 100% FTs, playing smart, unselfish basketball on the offensive end and defending on the other side.

OKC was being very physical with Wemby and it bothered him. The Refs were letting them play and he wasn't able to adjust.
Yeah but that was always gonna be the strategy against him.

I was more surprised that he actually looked pretty pedestrian with the ball most of the time, apart from that super smooth slow drive and dunk at the very beginning.

i've watched most of their games, but missed that one. i'd love to see video of those blocks.

dude is being asked to play a role and he's playing that role about as perfectly as you can play it - rookie or not and doing it on a playoff team. 65% FGs, 55% threes, 100% FTs, playing smart, unselfish basketball on the offensive end and defending on the other side.

If you go to NBA.com they have replays of every play, so you can click on any of the stats that show up as blue and it will show the replay. Unfortunately this is one of the games where it isn't working great. One of his blocks on Sochan is not available and the other one is not a great video. https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CF...eamID=1610612760&flag=1&sct=plot&section=game

If you have NBA league pass you can watch the 4th quarter around the 10 minute mark.

A couple of my favorites, wallace and hawkins, looking quite good. Thankfully keyonte (who I didn't want at all) looks quite good as well.

A couple of my favorites, wallace and hawkins, looking quite good. Thankfully keyonte (who I didn't want at all) looks quite good as well.
those were two of my top guys as well. i was bipolar on keyonte before the draft (very excited on draft night about getting him at 16), but you're right - with those guys killing it, at least it looks we hit on Key.

Speaking of rebounding I’m pretty sure guards with high rebound % in college end up being pretty good pros. Obviously not just because of that but it is a decent indicator.