What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Good to see..
I was pretty high on this kid before the season. He started a bit slow but seems to be coming on strong the past few games. I'd love to see a big 6'-7" playmaker type added to the Jazz.

If he keeps playing this way we won't have the chance to draft him though.

Jazz need a big guard or a wing who can really create with the ball. Jazz guards are too small and struggle against longer defenders, and their wings don't really create much. Other than the Thompsons, Black might be the guy in this draft who can play that role.

Jazz need a big guard or a wing who can really create with the ball. Jazz guards are too small and struggle against longer defenders, and their wings don't really create much.
I'm starting to become a little frustrated that we didn't make a commitment to tanking. It really wouldn't have taken much and we would be in the perfect position to grab an elite prospect. Now I'm concerned that we enter into treadmill mode. We at least have the draft ammo to move up but it is frustrating to think we could have locked in a top pick while still keeping all those draft picks. There is still a lot of season to go though so we make get some injury luck and this ends up falling apart.

I'm starting to become a little frustrated that we didn't make a commitment to tanking. It really wouldn't have taken much and we would be in the perfect position to grab an elite prospect. Now I'm concerned that we enter into treadmill mode. We at least have the draft ammo to move up but it is frustrating to think we could have locked in a top pick while still keeping all those draft picks. There is still a lot of season to go though so we make get some injury luck and this ends up falling apart.

Jazz are only 3 losses behind the Thunder. The top 10 teams in the WC are within 2 games of one another. If the Jazz pick up a few losses, they can drop a long way in the standings.

Let's see how long the Jazz hold Conley out.

I dont do player comps. They are bad.

He's a 6'9 do it all versatile player and athlete who is also a shooter. His work ethic and the team he lands on will determine how far he takes his talent level.

Since I'm a comp guy, I've got a new comp for Brandon Miller.....and this is being generous, I think, especially in terms of off-the-dribble play. It's your guy Otto Porter Jr.

In terms of size, length, athleticism and shooting splits, he's in the same ballpark as Otto Porter at Georgetown. I don't think he's quite as athletic or good at slashing to the rim though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogl2b_0e86E

Last edited:
Okay. In the near term, they need to be able to replace Conley and maybe Clarkson in the backcourt. It's not always easy to find a bonafide lead guard.
Yeah the jazz proved that chasing one for, what, 6 years? Bad trades, bad signing, bad drafting, all to try to find the next Stockton or D Will. Hopefully we don't get stuck in that rut again.

Since I'm a comp guy, I've got a new comp for Brandon Miller.....and this is being generous, I think, especially in terms of off-the-dribble play. It's your guy Otto Porter Jr.

In terms of size, length, athleticism and shooting splits, he's in the same ballpark as Otto Porter at Georgetown. I don't think he's quite as athletic or good at slashing to the rim though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogl2b_0e86E

You belong in jail

Terquavion Smith is skinny AF, but he is 6'4 ( in shoes). Could be a a PG prospect as he has picked up his assist and efficiency numbers this year.

Terquavion Smith is skinny AF, but he is 6'4 ( in shoes). Could be a a PG prospect as he has picked up his assist and efficiency numbers this year.
I like him... he just couldn't beat Dick today no matter how hard he tried... if you are going to beat Dick you have to really get in there and get your hands dirty.