What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

You guys need to think this through with Gradey Dick. Putting Craig Bolerjack in a position where he's got to say things like --
"Dick goes hard to the rim."
"Dick goes straight up."
"Dick swings it..."
"Dick has gone cold."
"Kelly finds Dick in the corner"
"Dick dances with the ball out front."
"Dick still wet from deep."

It's just risky.
Boler said something like "Colling rode Ivey(?) all the way to the baseline" against the Pistons when Sexton played (pretty solid) defense. That might not end well.

To me, he's clearly an off-ball shooter. His on-ball creation and rim finishing don't make him a #1 option at this point, but as a floor-spacing wing with defensive length on the perimeter he has a lot of value. One of the top shooters in the draft.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1B7Xi7vzzQ

He's a freshman big dog. There's countless freshman who were played off ball and developed on ball. He has a handle, can pass, can shoot off the dribble, and is highly athletic.

OK, What do you think their record will be over the next month? (which seems to be 15 games if it's a straight month).

They were 2-4 w/ their fully healthy roster, so .33 win percentage.

That would be 5-10 over the next month. They will outperform 5-10 with Harden being out.

You continue to stupidly use six games as some sort of mathematical indicator as if it’s meaningful.

Are you becoming one of these people who overreacts to small sample size just to say Cy is wrong?

That's cute.

Except it’s you who is doing this. For the last month, you’ve reverted to pointing to a six game stretch for the Sixers as if that’s some tell all.

I really like Miller and his fit next to Markkanen and Kessler is almost perfect. I am just not sure yet where I would put him on my big board with the other prospects.

I want to put him #2 but Scoot is just so good but not as good a fit on the Jazz and seriously who is taking Miller ahead of Henderson? Then if Black continues to play this well? If Amen Thompson shows he can consistently hit the 3? We still haven't seen what Smith can do. There is just so much potential talent in this draft.

I really like Miller and his fit next to Markkanen and Kessler is almost perfect. I am just not sure yet where I would put him on my big board with the other prospects.

I want to put him #2 but Scoot is just so good but not as good a fit on the Jazz and seriously who is taking Miller ahead of Henderson? Then if Black continues to play this well? If Amen Thompson shows he can consistently hit the 3? We still haven't seen what Smith can do. There is just so much potential talent in this draft.

Jazz need someone to be a lead ball handler, someone they can build their offense around. They're running a democratic system right now, because they don't have anyone they trust to score in isolation or dominate with the ball in their hands. Whether they get that person in this draft or the next one, they need someone to run the show. Both Markkanen and Brandon Miller look like #2 options to me. It could work if they're both playing next to a solid lead guard though.

Also, I'm not 100% sure Kessler is what the Jazz want in a full-time, starting center. I think Baba Miller could be a real weapon at the 5 if he gets up to 225 lbs and commits to protecting the rim.