What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

leonard miller still being slept on. imo, he's a lottery prospect, maybe top 10 - was just too dominant in the g league at age 19. if you can get him in the late first, good golly, you take him and run.
He is a rebound machine and looks to be mobile enough to become a high level defender with that length, if his bbiq ever catches up with his body. I think he is pretty raw still upstairs, but somebody might see enough potential there to pick him late lottery instead of after 20. I doubt he goes higher than 15 unless in the interview process they discover he has taken a crash course in court awareness, and suddenly shows playmaking potential he never showed in the gleague. The mental side is what makes Kessler so great as a rookie, and it is a big deal if you aint got it.

no question he's a sleeper prospect and could be excellent value and a solid risk/reward pick late first, early second.
There is in fact a better chance this guy goes lottery or falls massively like Bol Bol did- based only on his medical report. He was and remains a lottery target imo with a clean report, despite playing hurt, and not that good. I think even if us or someone else gets gifted his services in the late lottery like denver did with MPJ we should be happy. but if that report is red. I would not see him late first at all. He will have to take a non guaranteed highly controlled 2nd round contract

leonard miller still being slept on. imo, he's a lottery prospect, maybe top 10 - was just too dominant in the g league at age 19. if you can get him in the late first, good golly, you take him and run.
The thing with Leonard is that I'm not sure how high his upside (like will the shot ever happen, will his handling ever be good enough to be more than a transition pusher, will his man defense ever be good enough to guard on the perimeter) but I like the base of what he is now that's he's focused on being a garbage man type big.

The thing with Leonard is that I'm not sure how high his upside (like will the shot ever happen, will his handling ever be good enough to be more than a transition pusher, will his man defense ever be good enough to guard on the perimeter) but I like the base of what he is now that's he's focused on being a garbage man type big.
sitting at 33% from three in g league. granted it's not on a lot of attempts, but it's a base to start from and it's better than other g league prospects like Scoot and Sidy (who don't attempt many either). It's not as if he can't shoot at all or that his shot is broken.

sitting at 33% from three in g league. granted it's not on a lot of attempts, but it's a base to start from and it's better than other g league prospects like Scoot and Sidy (who don't attempt many either). It's not as if he can't shoot at all or that his shot is broken.
Yeah, I like him a lot. Think he was at 16 when I did the last rankings.

About gg... We were down on him. After watching the highlights, looked pretty %@&n good. I don't follow super closely, can someone give me the cons on this guy?

About gg... We were down on him. After watching the highlights, looked pretty %@&n good. I don't follow super closely, can someone give me the cons on this guy?
took easy path to put up stats , failed to put up stats, stock fell. High upside but very immature and irrational about skill level, despite all that based on post season interviews. Not a good sign he has the right mindset to be coached up, or the drive to take the challenge to be great. He could just be another pay me pay me pay me type

Pros: Potentially an elite scorer who should be capable of good defense given his size/athleticism/strength. Has a nice looking shot. Has a great combination of size/height/athleticism but isnt extremely long. Tough shot maker

Cons: Immature, may be boom or bust with regards to playstyle (if he cant be a leading ball dominant scorer, can he have value as a non-#1 option), defensive effort is poor, awareness is poor, passing is non-existent, might be years away from contributing. Tough shot taker

Thanks, so biggest con is definitely too small of a sample size to know what he is. Makes sense with his age. Would hate to miss out on if he booms and was taken after the wolves pick.

Just looked up his wingspan, pass.. Lol

I would be willing to bet it's grown to at least 6'11.

His last wingspan measurement was last fall when he was still 17. I'm holding my breath to see if he measures at least 6'8" w/o shoes and gets his wingspan up to at least 6'11," which would be comparable to Jayson Tatum.

The biggest question with GG is his attitude and coachability, imo. No one's going to let him get away with some of the weird **** he did at South Carolina. If GG is coachable, I don't think he busts. He'd just have to be willing to play a complementary role a la Jeff Green, rather than try to be a dominant play finisher. Some of GG's rim finishes also showed a lack of touch, but I'm assuming he can work those out with reps.

There is a group of teams drafting in the 13 - 17 range that would make some sense for GG--Thunder, Hawks, Pels, Lakers. I'm expecting one of them to take GG in that range. Otherwise someone might try to trade into that range to grab him.

Last edited:
Kind of a highlight rant, but those No Ceilings vids are going to ruin this thread.

0 negatives, or “opportunities” so everyone here that only watches highlights thinks everyone on these is next after Wemby. Not a dig at the Jarace vid at all, just them in general.

I think ole boy at Hoop Intellect is the best out now. Unfortunately most of his vids are from mid-season and a lot has happened with most of those players. Seems like he will be releasing updated vids soon though.

He’s super knowledgeable and very balanced/honest. Highly recommended.

Highlights give a glimpse of potential. The in game stuff like bbiq, willing to be coached, team player etc... that's what they pay the scouts for.