What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

If we do keep the 28th pick, what do yall think about Jaime Jaquez and Murray? I love Kris Murray and if we could get anything like that in his bro, that would be amazeballs.

Also, everything I hear on podcasts about Jaquez is super positive and praiseworthy.

I love Jacquez but I have my doubts he’s there at 28.

If we do keep the 28th pick, what do yall think about Jaime Jaquez and Murray? I love Kris Murray and if we could get anything like that in his bro, that would be amazeballs.

Also, everything I hear on podcasts about Jaquez is super positive and praiseworthy.
Good on both guys.

I think Kris Murray is about 90% what Taylor Hendricks is. Hendricks just a better athlete that gives him a slightly higher ceiling, but Murray is more proven and a safer bet

None of the lottery picks this year are safe outside of Victor. Everyone has major red flags. Teams will take a shot earlier on Bilal than you think.

I do love that we think Barlow’s and others have actual insider intel. They aren’t even telling people who is coming in for workouts but people think these mfers actually know… child please.

Yes they have been in France to see them play… it’s due diligence and it’s Frickin France… might just be vacationing on Ryan’s nickel and using his jet. It’s not a place you’d have to pull someone’s arm to go visit.

He's more proven because he's a lot older. I guess talent (age) doesn't factor in anymore.
Kris Murray was scorching the nets for *checks notes* 0.6 points per game as a freshman.

I know there's gonna some spin about how he didn't get to play as a freshman as though that's a good thing. Looking forward to it.

I do love that we think Barlow’s and others have actual insider intel. They aren’t even telling people who is coming in for workouts but people think these mfers actually know… child please.

Yes they have been in France to see them play… it’s due diligence and it’s Frickin France… might just be vacationing on Ryan’s nickel and using his jet. It’s not a place you’d have to pull someone’s arm to go visit.

That’s exactly what I said earlier. Seems like common sense.

Kris Murray was scorching the nets for *checks notes* 0.6 points per game as a freshman.

I know there's gonna some spin about how he didn't get to play as a freshman as though that's a good thing.
Yeah but that was in a tougher conference… yada yada yada

I will say that I have never been more interested in Kris Murray so that's fun.

Also, I wasn't sure what to make of Jaquez until it just dawned on me that the Jazz need a glue guy as much or more than they need any other player type.

I want another pick.

That’s exactly what I said earlier. Seems like common sense.
I don’t even think everyone in the front office knows exactly where DA is on these guys. I mean every mock had us taking Dick for like a month straight. No one really knows… Don was suppose to go to NY and Rudy was suppose to go to Atlanta, Chicago, Toronto, etc. I’d say if many mocks are suggesting we will take a certain player that it is less likely that’s the dude.

I don’t even think everyone in the front office knows exactly where DA is on these guys. I mean every mock had us taking Dick for like a month straight. No one really knows… Don was suppose to go to NY and Rudy was suppose to go to Atlanta, Chicago, Toronto, etc. I’d say if many mocks are suggesting we will take a certain player that it is less likely that’s the dude.

Exactly but now is the time we are going to leak the actual stuff… to Rafael Barlowe of all people.

I for one as well, not a fan of drafting Bilal at 9, but... I am a fan of drafting him if the Jazz do trade up from 16 to 11/12/13 or whatever. So my question is, since he's 18, is he still growing? If so, it'd be amazing that he grew to 6-8 or 6-10 by chance.