What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Whoever can shoot is going to be awesome….but it’s really impossible to know will make that big improvement.
Well ya. What I'm saying is it's crazy to me that Bilal, black, Thompsons, scoot, etc can't shoot. WTF? Why not? You only play basketball like everyday of your entire life and the shooting part of basketball has been the most important thing in recent history with the evolution of the three ball.

Seems like they should all have great looking shots. They should all shoot like Grady.

Why do they need to develop their ****? What the **** they been doing for the last 14 years?

donovan-mitchell-jazz-your-fault-dby96h03c4i5tys7.gif
The origin story of my user name!

So weird that in today's game/era that there are so many non shooters going in the top 10 of a draft. Blows my mind
part of it is they are so damn young. when you say they've been playing basketball their entire life, four years ago, they were 14. every day of their life isn't that long. also, when we say they "can't shoot", it means they can't shoot playing against elite competition in high pressure games/situations. against guys that would hold all of us scoreless in a game.

iow, we when say can't shoot, it's all relative. we are holding them to an NBA standard.

get them in an empty gym or against the pick up competition we play against, every one of them would be an elite shooter.

Anyone else seen the #16 & 28 for #10 rumor? I would be down for that depending on the board. I do think we're in for some surprises though.

If Cam Whitmore slides to 10, there are going to be some considerable offers to the Mavs for that pick. I think the Jazz would make that trade and take back a contract, but I'm not sure it's the best offer Dallas would get.

Calling Frank a great athlete or putting him the same realm is revisionist history. Bilal’s explosive athleticism is at the top of his “pros” list. It was a con for Frank.

Whether you believe they are similar athletes or not, a big difference in their games is that Bilal creates plays with his size and athleticism whereas Frank did not. This was true even before the NBA for Frank and the reason why Bilal was efficient in the French league and Frank was not.

The shooting didn’t work out for Frank, that is true. But what also kept Frank from being an NBA player was his 1) PG skills and 2) inability to get to the basket with his physical tools.

part of it is they are so damn young. when you say they've been playing basketball their entire life, four years ago, they were 14. every day of their life isn't that long. also, when we say they "can't shoot", it means they can't shoot playing against elite competition in high pressure games/situations. against guys that would hold all of us scoreless in a game.

iow, we when say can't shoot, it's all relative. we are holding them to an NBA standard.

get them in an empty gym or against the pick up competition we play against, every one of them would be an elite shooter.
I mean according to reports Amen Thompson was BRUTAL shooting in an open gym. . .

What if all these bad reports on Whitnore came from Ainge and his people, so he would drop. Bad workouts, injury issues, college coach doesn’t like him etc.

Maybe the grand plan is to trade up for Black, and then trade up via Dallas for Whitmore.

Woj says hornets going Brandon Miller… he’s been wrong before doe

That all makes sense. What doesn't make sense is the poor form on their shots/broken shots. It's one thing for the shots to not go in all the time against other great players. It's another think to have shooting form like Black or kid Gilchrist etc.
Cam didn't shoot a good percentage at nova and your explanation explains that. But at least just watching him shoot a jumpshot you would think he can shoot.