What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Trace Jackson Davis has started/ been in the rotation for the last 7 games and is averaging 11 and 8.

I remember one of the local Indy radio guys really liked his fit with GS and thought he would get a chance to play this year. Turns out he was right.

Nick Smith Jr has been part of Charlotte's rotation for about 7 games now. He's kind of flown under my radar since I wasn't a huge fan pre draft. He's actually playing pretty well and he looks quick and his shot looks really nice.

I was literally the ONLY believer.

Like JHS, Nick Smith wasn’t a great college player. But I did think he had some zip to his game that could translate. He’s very quick with the ball.

JHS had nothing going for him besides looking the part. Just a poor athlete who was not a standout at anything skill wise.

Like JHS, Nick Smith wasn’t a great college player. But I did think he had some zip to his game that could translate. He’s very quick with the ball.

JHS had nothing going for him besides looking the part. Just a poor athlete who was not a standout at anything skill wise.
He was one of the best off the dribble shooters in the class. It's going to take time. He will get there

I'm still a firm believer in JHS. Playing scrap minutes makes it hard for a player to get into any kind of rhythm and it is particular difficult for rookies. Give him an opportunity to play meaningful minutes for a couple week stretch and I think he starts to shine.

I'm still a firm believer in JHS. Playing scrap minutes makes it hard for a player to get into any kind of rhythm and it is particular difficult for rookies. Give him an opportunity to play meaningful minutes for a couple week stretch and I think he starts to shine.
He's probably a year away from shining.

Strange to me they arent using him in the G-League. Must be some sort of signal they believe he can play now, but I think he needs those G-League minutes currently.

Strange to me they arent using him in the G-League. Must be some sort of signal they believe he can play now, but I think he needs those G-League minutes currently.
I think they like having their young guys spend time around the vets. Do you remember if Max Christie spent much time in the gleague last year.

They don’t want him shooting 21/11 from the field in G League and completely destroying his value. Hoping some sucker sees him put up 10 points in a garbage time and thinks he has any value.

The Lakers whiffing on this pick is fantastic if they had gotten Jaquez or Whitmore maybe they have value or are playing a key role and Lebron sees some hope. If **** happens and Lebron leaves or packs it in our 2027 pick starts to look even better. This is one of the last picks they have that could be a contributor in 2026… and they laid a complete egg.

They don’t want him shooting 21/11 from the field in G League and completely destroying his value. Hoping some sucker sees him put up 10 points in a garbage time and thinks he has any value.

The Lakers whiffing on this pick is fantastic if they had gotten Jaquez or Whitmore maybe they have value or are playing a key role and Lebron sees some hope. If **** happens and Lebron leaves or packs it in our 2027 pick starts to look even better. This is one of the last picks they have that could be a contributor in 2026… and they laid a complete egg.
Yeah, passing on Jaquez was a fail, but that's the same for everyone who passed on him at this point. He might be a top 5 guy in the class.

If the Lakers want THT back they can give us JHS. I still believe, but current signs havent been positive.

Also hilarious that Cy pumps JHS and dumps on Murray… if JHS hits the highest upper end he has it will be a worse version of Murray.

Also hilarious that Cy pumps JHS and dumps on Murray… if JHS hits the highest upper end he has it will be a worse version of Murray.
I mean, I would draft Dejounte Murray from square 1 to get a chance to develop him....

I get what you are trying to get at, but it's a completely different thing talking about giving up assets to get a (mostly) finished product as a starter vs using a pick to get a guy you can mold.

I mean, I could also use a similar thing about your Collins hate vs Hendricks pumping...

Very similar prospects, the older one has some negative flaws they have developed in the NBA, but you still want to draft the younger version you think you can mold.