What's new

2023 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

Possible but it doesn't feel implausible.

Like, I look at 1992 or 1994 or 1996, seasons the Jazz were good enough to make the WCF but I don't see any chance, no matter how many do-overs, that Utah goes and beats Chicago in 1992 if they get by Portland. I don't see how they can beat the 1994 Rockets. No matter how many games they play 'em. And if Utah had gotten by Seattle in 1996, there's no way they beat the Bulls.

In 2020, I think there's a path. In 2021, there's absolutely a pathway - even more so than 2020 - because Utah was staring down a game seven before a historic collapse in game six vs the Clippers. Do they beat the Suns and Bucks? I wouldn't bet on it. But again, I didn't see any of those series as impossible opportunities like what faced Utah so many times in the 1990s.
I still believe 1995 should have been our year. But we blew it in the 4th quarter of a deciding game 5 at home to the Rockets, who went on to win the championship. No Bulls that year.

I think LeBron wants to sit out next year. He rests, and then signs with whoever drafts Bronny the next season. He has years left on his contract, but he will probably work something out with the Lakers to void the rest of his deal.

MJ retired and came back more than once. I wouldn’t put it past LeBron to be super dramatic about it lol.

Uh, yeah. I think he would bypass it. At this point time is money for LeBron. With the amount of capital he has there are so many other means to create wealth.
Guys… great news… Lebron is not retiring… he was never retiring… it was all about changing the narrative so he didn’t have to talk about the sweep. As he says… lucky for us… we get more Lebron.

Guys… great news… Lebron is not retiring… he was never retiring… it was all about changing the narrative so he didn’t have to talk about the sweep. As he says… lucky for us… we get more Lebron.
I think he was rather successful. The sweep wasnt ignored but also wasnt blasted out of proportions like most things related to Lakers.