What's new

2023 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

Feels like the lakers have ripped out and trampled the souls of the Grizz. It began with Brooks running his mouth. And now it looks like they just don’t have any confidence. This might be a franchise changing loss. Feels to me a lot like when Denver began the end of the Spida/Gobert era.

Memphis needs to rid itself of Brooks. That’s what I’d do tomorrow. They’re a team of Portland Jailblazer like headcases. Ja’s needs to stop ****ing around and get himself into a gym. Dude needs to develop a shot outside of throwing his body at the basket.

Didn't the Grizzlies guarantee a Game 7?

Clowns.
Have their players been right about anything this entire series? Remember when Brooks ran his mouth? Then he couldn’t throw a brick into the ocean and Lebron blew them up? Just a completely undisciplined team. Remind me a lot of the Blazers tbh.

I still don't understand why our FO bent over backwards to help out the Lakers while getting absolutely no benefit in return.

I wouldn't say we got no benefit in return. We got a really good asset in the Lakers 27 first round pick, and we got worse and lost more games which improved our draft pick this year.

Last edited:
I still don't understand why our FO bent over backwards to help out the Lakers while getting absolutely no benefit in return.
No benefit… besides the best asset in the deal and improve the one thing the Jazz were trying to find a way to improve all year?

The Jazz also gave the Lakers 0 actually good players. Getting rid of Russ was 70% of the improvement which did not require us.

As much as it hurts to say this, the best thing may actually be for the Lakers to still be in the playoffs on May 16 and for the league to indirectly acknowledge our contributions and willingness to play along.

Memphis wasn’t able to solve the relentless pnr by the Lakers trio of reeves, dlo and Schroeder. These guys can facilitate and ran the offense with precision. It was fun to watch. And it was fun to see an arrogant team like Memphis lose

Well, even though I dislike the Fakers immensely, it sure was satisfying seeing them beat an arrogant team like the Grizzlies. These fools think they have a rivalry going against the Fakers and Warriors. lol I mean, they gonna win a 'ship first before jumping to that conclusion.

FuKlO-IXwAIEzri.jpg:large

This aged well

man watching AD just makes me think what might have been. Dude is so good. Perfect player to combat small ball. Can guard the perimeter and is great at punishing the smaller defender. Too bad he was hurt his whole career. I feel like he could have had a couple of mvp seasons.