What's new

2023 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

OK i'm definitely convinced Booker is a little better than Mitchell now. Offensively they are on the same level but Booker has a decent go in defense.
Book is much better on both ends. Dude is a complete gamer.

Missed opportunity for the nuggets. Felt like they had a few potential knockout blows that they whiffed. Didn’t like the body language of the suns. Had denver just nailed a few wide open 3s or delivered on a few possessions where they had 3-4 offensive rebounds, they could’ve basically ended this series.

I also don’t get the defense sometimes. Like there were a number of times AG shaded KD’s left side, encouraging him to go right without much or any help. This led to easy drives and layups. If you’re going to take one hand away, wouldn’t it be the right one?

Anyway, just disappointed. Now the suns have new life. Was really hoping denver could end this. I’m rooting for them because they actually built a team instead of trying to buy a championship with the mercenary of the decade.

Holy **** at Bookers statline. 20-25?!!!!!! That is crazy efficient. 47 points and 9 assits. only 3 turnovers. What a game from him. Not even that many 3 pointers (5-8). I didn't watch but he must have been killing it in the mid range I would guess.

I cant believe Al Horford still has enough gas in the tank to start and be a big contributor to a championship caliber team. 37 years old. 31 minutes. 6-8 from the field. 17 points and 7 rebounds. Impressive.

Took a look at his contract. Its a strange one. 26.5 million this season. 10 million next season. 9.5 million next season.

He shot 45% from three for this entire season. Very impressive.

Holy **** at Bookers statline. 20-25?!!!!!! That is crazy efficient. 47 points and 9 assits. only 3 turnovers. What a game from him. Not even that many 3 pointers (5-8). I didn't watch but he must have been killing it in the mid range I would guess.
Only 2 free throw attempts too. (2-2) He shot 80% from the field, 62% from 3, and 100% from the line to get his 47 points. thats an all time great game right there.

Devin Booker becomes the first player since Michael Jordan in 1992 to average 35+ PPG over the first eight games of a postseason.

Only 2 free throw attempts too. (2-2) He shot 80% from the field, 62% from 3, and 100% from the line to get his 47 points. thats an all time great game right there.

Devin Booker becomes the first player since Michael Jordan in 1992 to average 35+ PPG over the first eight games of a postseason.
The two free throws were in garbage time too… as JJ Reddick put it on the broadcast… Booker is an ethical scorer… not grifting for fouls just and elite shot maker.

Yeah that's insane. Pretty good bet he won't do that every game. I think the nugs bounce back. Juice never rooted for the nuggets so much in my life. Of all the remaining teams I'd rather see them win a chip, way way more than anyone else still in this thing.

Yeah that's insane. Pretty good bet he won't do that every game. I think the nugs bounce back. Juice never rooted for the nuggets so much in my life. Of all the remaining teams I'd rather see them win a chip, way way more than anyone else still in this thing.
I prefer the celtics over everyone else. I love their roster and play style. I also like lebron and steph is probably my favorite non jazz player and one of my favorite players of all time. I dont like the suns though and am rooting for the nuggets against them. Im mostly meh on the nuggets.

I prefer the celtics over everyone else. I love their roster and play style. I also like lebron and steph is probably my favorite non jazz player and one of my favorite players of all time. I dont like the suns though and am rooting for the nuggets against them. Im mostly meh on the nuggets.
I'm going from the perspective of who hasn't won it yet. Hate seeing all the repeats. So for me it's the nuggets.

I'm going from the perspective of who hasn't won it yet. Hate seeing all the repeats. So for me it's the nuggets.

I completely agree, I would love to see the Nuggets get their first championship in franchise history. The Suns have never won one either, but I'm not a big Durant or CP3 fan, so I'm rooting for the Nuggets to go all the way.