What's new

2023 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

I don’t really care enough to argue this farther I was just stating as a neutral fan of the game the Warriors played really dumb and had a horrible second quarter. It’s easy to point to the refs instead though.
It’s not just this one game… there can be big swings in one game… their FT differential post the Lebron crybaby breakdown is insane… like historic.

It’s not just this one game… there can be big swings in one game… their FT differential post the Lebron crybaby breakdown is insane… like historic.

It seems like it has carried into the playoffs and watching their games it doesn’t seem off to me. They are almost always the more aggressive team and Golden State is settling for a ton of threes. I can’t speak for the regular season though.

Man Lebron is still so freaking good. Father time is getting his *** kicked. I love watching Lebron play. Makes the right decision almost every time. Great vision and great, difficult passes right on the money. He made multiple defensive plays last night that not many in the league can make. He boxes out well. Offensively he can shoot the three (though not that great admittedly), post you up, blow by you, had a great spin move on the semi fast break last night. Speaking of fast breaks, he is a damn freight train when he is coming at you with the ball in his hands going downhill. He also had zero turnovers last night.

Im rooting for the lakers simply due to wanting lebron to get another one. I get sick of all the lebron hate. Of course I constantly see people saying he isn't as good as Jordan. And I get that. But I also often see people saying he isn't as good as curry, kobe, bird, magic, etc etc.
Im sick of it. Maybe another title run would silence some of the hate.

Btw, watching this series is making me hesitant on giving Reeves a big offer. He doesn't seem like he is doing much.

Last edited:
I don’t really care enough to argue this farther I was just stating as a neutral fan of the game the Warriors played really dumb and had a horrible second quarter. It’s easy to point to the refs instead though.
Agree with your point. Warriors deserved to lose, and probably would have lost even with neutral referring. But 80% of the time I've tuned in to see a Lakers game this season, they got the friendly whistle.

Reaves last 5 games:

DateTeamOppResultGSMPFGFGAFG%3P3PA3P%FTFTAFT%ORBDRBTRBASTSTLBLKTOVPFPTSGmSc+/-
2023-05-06LALGSWW 127-9713028.25014.25057.71411222003107.631
2023-05-04LAL@GSWL 100-127125311.27315.200000442002170.7-22
2023-05-02LAL@GSWW 117-11213949.44425.4000023530002108.93
2023-04-28LALMEMW 125-85134512.41717.14300156802221111.026
2023-04-26LAL@MEML 99-116140413.30838.375661.000268610441712.35

Those shooting percentages are really bad. Just eyeballing/ballparking it looks like his field goal percentage is about 30% and three point percentage is about 25%

Man Lebron is still so freaking good. Father time is getting his *** kicked. I love watching Lebron play. Makes the right decision almost every time. Great vision and great, difficult passes right on the money. He made multiple defensive plays last night that not many in the league can make. He boxes out well. Offensively he can shoot the three (though not that great admittedly), post you up, blow by you, had a great spin move on the semi fast break last night. Speaking of fast breaks, he is a damn freight train when he is coming at you with the ball in his hands going downhill. He also had zero turnovers last night.

Im rooting for the lakers simply due to wanting lebron to get another one. I get sick of all the lebron hate. Of course I constantly see people saying he isn't as good as Jordan. And I get that. But I also often see people saying he isn't as good as curry, kobe, bird, magic, etc etc.
Im sick of it. Maybe another title run would silence some of the hate.
I don’t really understand the Lebron hate.

Well see, he is a really good player, good father and husband and never gets in trouble with the law. But...... he whines to the refs (and is the only player who does i guess) and apparently said or tweeted something that disagreed with someones politics or something. China related or something? I really dont know either.

It seems like it has carried into the playoffs and watching their games it doesn’t seem off to me. They are almost always the more aggressive team and Golden State is settling for a ton of threes. I can’t speak for the regular season though.
Their regular season differential post Lebron meltdown was like better than the Houston Harden teams that were designed around foul hunting and not fouling on the other end… like by a lot. They aren’t the only team with a good non fouling defense that also drives to the rim yet their differential was like WAY higher than the next closest team this year. There is a whole basketball Illuminati podcast about it. I’m just saying it’s a little questionable.

Well see, he is a really good player, good father and husband and never gets in trouble with the law. But...... he whines to the refs (and is the only player who does i guess) and apparently said or tweeted something that disagreed with someones politics or something. China related or something? I really dont know either.
As far as stars go he complains to the refs a normal amount.

Agreed. And even if he complained more than most I still think the amount of hate he gets would be disproportionate. I dont understand the hate. Its weird. Maybe its just because he IS so good? People often hate greatness.

Yeah, I think even Steph Curry, who's not really known to complain, he does talk to the refs a lot, and he does actually get away with a lot on D. I don't see Lebron as very special in terms on complaining at leasts. Not really that much in terms of calls either. More than average, but not crazy. Draymond is way more under-called for sure.g

Makes sense.

The Warriors shot the fewest FT's per possession in the regular season, AND gave up the 8th most FT's. The Lakers shot the most FT's per possession and gave up the fewest.

It’s really not hard to understand and it makes even more sense when you watch the games.

And like MJ and Kobe before him, we’re all going to miss him when he’s gone. I already do, as he’s not near the athlete he was just 5 years ago. He’s still amazing. I love watching the great players. I’m older now so I can appreciate greatness better than when all I cared about was us winning. Those Kobe led teams in 2008-2012 were amazing.

How is that a surprise? The warriors Chuck up 29 footers nonstop while the Lakers live in the paint. Their best matchup is hammering the ball inside to AD. Their second best matchup is giving the ball to lebron at the top of the key. If they get caught up in a 3 pt shooting contest with GS, they’re toast. Golden state’s backup shooters are still better than LA’s best.

Warriors we’re 3rd in the NBA in total fouls committed this season as well. They foul a **** ton.