What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

View: https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1671207383304110083

Could be a sign THT will opt in as well if a guy like GTJ isn't confident in the market

Couple things here... this is surprising. May mean he didn't have a market at that number. It could also be part of a trade to get him to a team without cap space... this is the bush I was beating with JC is that the market does not look real frothy so players may need to play nice with teams to get what they want. This is more applicable to JC than THT imo.

At this point he could extend off his current number with Toronto. He could also be moved to another team and extend there. I would guess he did his homework in pre-agency and he does one of those two things. I also would not be surprised to see JC do the same things. I think THT is a no brainer opt in unless he has like 2/20 or 3/30 on the table (and let's be honest... a lot of these guys already know what is on the table) in a place he REALLY likes more than Utah.

Quick PSA.... The reason to do an opt in and trade is to get to a team without cap space and not hard cap that team.... once you accept a player that is signed and traded you are hard capped.

Not sure if it has been reported or mentioned... but Trent can now be traded on draft night. Could be some Portland smoke... maybe OG/Trent/13 for Simons/Nurk/3... just a stray thought.

These guys just read this board and look at the trade ideas we toss around. I have mentioned this a couple times since the initial trade happened.
I honestly think that and that they're not the only ones. A lot of stuff we talk about that is original and intricate enough to have a type of signature gets picked up and circulated.

I think the org views Sexton as more of a long term piece than THT personally.
I think they'd rather get off Sexton's money (for the right deal, no hurry)and see what THT does this season.

Sexton might be better, but THT has massive upside and Utah is in a positional size/upside game right now

I think the Trent Jr. news means that FVV is definitely gone. Unless they let Poeltl walk for nothing... which maybe that does happen but they seemed to really want him for a while.

I don't think either were. They wanted picks and those were the available players they could take

If we wanted just picks we would have taken New York’s offer that didn’t include Barrett or Quickley. Especially since it’s the Knicks and not Cleveland where they already had Garland/Mobley/Allen.