What's new

2024 annual Jazzfanz All time jazz draft

Hakeem Olajuwon 84
Blake Griffin 09
Elgin Baylor 58
Manu Ginobili 99
Luka Dončić 18

I like building a team full of high level 100% playmaking. I will play with the idea of Baylor as my 6th man microwave scorer type. This type of team is always tough on a defense and tough to defend.

Waiting for the modern day player last has backfired. Thought I'd have tons of options but I actually hate them all. My team is horribly put together lol

Anyway, guess I'll take SGA since the big man I need can't be found.

Curry
SGA
Worthy
Hill
Russell

:confused:
I think most seem to be having a rough time putting together a team this year.

Hopefully we can relax the rules a bit with my proposal for next year to bring the “fun” back into the game.

Proposed restriction: First 5 picks consisting of 3 from pre 2000 and 2 from post 2000.

Hopefully we can relax the rules a bit with my proposal for next year to bring the “fun” back into the game.

Proposed restriction: First 5 picks consisting of 3 from pre 2000 and 2 from post 2000.
What I like best about your suggestion is that new rules really make one reconsider drafting strategies, makes things seem novel, and allows us to try combinations of players that we could not draft in the past.

@Thee Idiotic Minivan K I like the current strategy. I've had no issue drafting who I've wanted to draft.

I think this proposed draft rule would screw over some people, especially the ones that draft late, then have to wait 15-20 picks to pick again.

**** it. Marc Gasol

Player archetype 1 of 1: Glue-guy/point-center, defensive stalwart, sharpshooter, tier-1 feel for the game/IQ. I'll play him next to Wilt if I want to lean into bulldozing fools (while still maintaining spacing and improving ball movement).

@Fosto OTC
@sip after that
@gandalfe after that

@Thee Idiotic Minivan K

Last edited:
@Thee Idiotic Minivan K I like the current strategy. I've had no issue drafting who I've wanted to draft.

I think this proposed draft rule would screw over some people, especially the ones that draft late, then have to wait 15-20 picks to pick again.
Fresh Prince, I’ll think about your criticism today and tonight. I haven’t had a problem drafting either, but I think sometimes a little novelty is good for the draft. I remember once they held a draft for classical players that had already retired and it was a good exercise.

Fresh Prince, I’ll think about your criticism today and tonight. I haven’t had a problem drafting either, but I think sometimes a little novelty is good for the draft. I remember once they held a draft for classical players that had already retired and it was a good exercise.
I haven’t had a hard time drafting either and I think the biggest issue is peoples knowledge of the earlier history and having frustration over passing better targets up. We’ve probably all felt that frustration. Some are probably more prepared than others.

I haven’t had a hard time drafting either and I think the biggest issue is peoples knowledge of the earlier history and having frustration over passing better targets up. We’ve probably all felt that frustration. Some are probably more prepared than others.

I've not had any trouble either. Very happy with my team.

Not my ideal pick but I can surround him with shooters off the bench.

Russell Westbrook- 2008

Back