What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

The guys who stood out to me at the Elite Camp where:

• Freeman (really active PF w/ decent size and touch)
  • Boogie Ellis (played really well day 1 and tested through the charts athletically)
  • Baye Ndongo (really long, athletic, with a high motor. Nearly had a 5x5 in a scrimmage)
  • Garwey Dual (tested bad athletically, but is extremely long. Should go back to school tbh. Dont think he's close to NBA ready)
  • Darlan and Lewis of the G-League looked OK. Pretty surprised one of them didnt get a combine invite. It really is a reflection of how little the NBA thinks of these younger G-League guys who arent top prospects. There were a number of younger prospects at the camp and none of them got invites. The NBA favored the more mature players and arent excited about the long-shot prospects it seems.
  • Tomlin and Jones were impressive in the scrimmages.
Overall it was probably hte least impressive Elite camp I can remember. Not sure anyone stood out to me as a guaranteed "that guy should have a guaranteed contract" type of guy. The young dudes were intriguing, but they probably need more seasoning in lesser leagues.

Last edited:
Some dude from Utah State got a 2 million dollar NIL deal to go to Washington. I had no idea who he was before today.

A lot of these guys should stay in school.

Like I dont think there's that much difference between Tomlin and Ndongo, but Ndongo is 2 years younger and only played one year of college basketball. Nearly identical measurements but Ndongo has the requisite girth to play on the interior where Tomlin is a string bean. Basically the same stats too but Ndongo played in a better conference.

Some dude from Utah State got a 2 million dollar NIL deal to go to Washington. I had no idea who he was before today.

A lot of these guys should stay in school.
That is Great Osobor. He is following his coach to Washington. He was the best player on Utah State statistically last year and played well in the tournament at least until 1/3 of the way through the 2nd game when the officiating took a turn. Edey was really great that game, but the officiating definitely shifted and the game went from back and forth to a blowout.

There are at least 10 players that could be a nice pick up at #10. We should be able to have a choice of at least a couple of Sarr, Risacher, Topic, Sheppard, Cligan, Castle, Dillingham, Buzelis, Holland, Knecht, and Williams. Maybe Wallter, Salaun, or Collier stands out in workouts too. I hate that we get the leftovers, but there should still be decent options even if we don't move up.

AJ Johnson 6'4 and 6'8 wingspan at 167.

Another dont draft for me. That's even worse than Dillingham in terms of weight to height ratio. 2 years from being 2 years away type beat.

Back