What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

I think the most important thing to look for in shooting drills is who shoots close to game speed and who doesn't.

All the bigs who aren't shooters shoot it decently, but it's twice as long to shoot as the guys who are shooters

There are some issues here with Cody Williams' shooting. He's fine when he gets his legs under his shot, but he has a habit of just pushing the ball with his upper body. He's not elevating much. He also doesn't look like he's used to the distance. He probably needs to step into it more. Seems like he could have put more work in before the Combine.

View: https://twitter.com/LeifThulin/status/1790100344317309235

There are some issues here with Cody Williams' shooting. He's fine when he gets his legs under his shot, but he has a habit of just pushing the ball with his upper body. He's not elevating much. He also doesn't look like he's used to the distance. He probably needs to step into it more. Seems like he could have put more work in before the Combine.

View: https://twitter.com/LeifThulin/status/1790100344317309235

Me and everyone who is lower on him have been saying this. The shot isn't good at all. He shot well on low volume. He's shooting it slow and poorly. NBA range will be a big adjustment

Me and everyone who is lower on him have been saying this. The shot isn't good at all. He shot well on low volume. He's shooting it slow and poorly. NBA range will be a big adjustment

He should have come into the Combine with more strength and tightened a few things up. It looks like he's a bit casual. I'd worry a bit about his work ethic.

He should have come into the Combine with more strength and tightened a few things up. It looks like he's a bit casual. I'd worry a bit about his work ethic.
His season ended two months ago... And you and his defenders told us he was doing poorly due to injury. How could he add that much stuff in that short time?

His season ended two months ago... And you and his defenders told us he was doing poorly due to injury. How could he add that much stuff in that short time?

Two months of draft prep is enough to work on your body and adjusting to NBA range. Cody has the tools, but needs to show he wants to be an impact player. He needs to go hard in workouts. He comes off a bit casual, just his demeanor.

Oh, so Castle can shoot now? Then why didn't he?
I mean I've explained it before. He's on a talented roster so he looks to move the ball to the guys who are good shooters or get a better shot at the basket. It is unlikely he is a great shooter but it also COULD have been part of the game plan.

I don't think its a confidence thing solely.

Back