What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Cody has potential and talent....but he plays in comatose. Think there is high bust potential with him.

I don't think he'll bust, but I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's going to add enough strength and physicality to assert himself more. That's the one piece he's missing. If that doesn't happen he'll be a disappointment. It's probably going to be a Year 3 or 4 thing.

So far, if the Jazz stay at #10 it's looking like:
a) Knecht -- 25%
b) Williams -- 20%
c) Holland -- 15%
d) Castle -- 15%
d) Carter -- 15%
e) Other (Collier/Salaun/George) -- 10%

Last edited:
Every player in this year's draft have warts. Williams major problem is a low motor. That's a tough one to improve on. Playing hard is a skill.

He doesn't have a super high motor, but I wouldn't say he has a low motor. He looks like he's pacing himself through his workout above.

I don't think he'll bust, but I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's going to add enough strength and physicality to assert himself more. That's the one piece he's missing. If that doesn't happen he'll be a disappointment. It's probably going to be a Year 3 or 4 thing.
An NBA player improving their physical profile is probably the easiest thing you can count on as far as adding something missing to an NBA player. I'd much rather bank on that than someone "developing a shot."

Every player in this year's draft have warts. Williams major problem is a low motor. That's a tough one to improve on. Playing hard is a skill.
I’m not sure it applies to Williams… but agree. Low motor is tough to fix. Especially when it’s making millions of dollars. Haven’t watched him enough in games to know.

The problem with Williams is he looked so much better playing before the injuries happened. He looked a lot more assertive. After the I juries he looked a lot more passive.

Trade Kessler, 10, plus another pick (probably the Lakers pick, this would entice the Lakers to trade their picks for Trae or Murray if the can remove protections) to ATL for Sarr.

Trade Collins, 29, 32 to SAC for Huerter + filler + Devin Carter.

Sarr and Carter..wow! You give up the Lakers pick but I think it is worth it. You also speed up the rebuild with quality. This team still needs talent so it is likely we go in the lottery next year but we can show Lauri that we went after quality in the draft and we will do the same in the next draft.

Last edited:
IDK. I might be willing to bet on fixing Holland's shot mechanics. As long as he doesn't have a Ronnie Brewer thing to overcome.

I just found out the nba draft is two nights this year. WTF? What idiot thought this up? I mean the nfl usually finds 2-3 stars in the first 5 rounds. Rounds 6-7 are more of a crapshoot. But finding more than 2-3 role players in the second round Is like winning the lottery.

Idiots!!

Moses Moody has 1 year left on his rookie deal. GS has not played him as much as he deserves for some reason. I wonder if they would be willing to do 29 for Moody. I would auto-accept that deal so likely its a bit lopsided our way. I think there are like 4-5 guys that could take a major leap and Moody would be one I'd bet on.

Moses Moody has 1 year left on his rookie deal. GS has not played him as much as he deserves for some reason. I wonder if they would be willing to do 29 for Moody. I would auto-accept that deal so likely its a bit lopsided our way. I think there are like 4-5 guys that could take a major leap and Moody would be one I'd bet on.
29 + 32 would probably be more realistic

I would do that deal. Usually I say that deals are too favorable to us, but it wouldn't surprise me me if Moody is in the Ochai/Grimes camp where he is no longer worth a "real" first round pick.