What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

You know, I'll admit, there might be a world where Zach Edey could be similar in effectiveness to Pau Gasol. It's due to his length, his wide base, and his touch with either hand. It's just a question of whether he can keep up with the NBA game and whether teams can create a scheme that minimizes his movement on defense.
I just think there is a world where Edey is so dominant in the paint that it will be hard for teams to play pace and space against him unless they players like Porzingis who can guard him on offense. Anyone under 6'10 and a certain weight will be lunch for him.

IDK maybe I'm wrong, but I just get a sense that Edey's combination of skills, size, development curve, and intangibles are elite.

we'll see with Edey, in the modern NBA of 3 point shots and transition buckets, can he dominate like he did in college? 4 year senior, I see him having a decent career and hanging around but no where near #1 pick worthy. May i be wrong? NOOO

I think the Jazz are going to try to trade up for Sheppard or possibly Cody Williams, mostly because that's been the story that David Locke has been selling. If that fails, they can sit at #10 and probably draft Topic. However, the Jazz have as many or more pieces to trade up with as anyone.

The Jazz might be in on Stephon Castle. I just haven't actually heard it anywhere, other than the self-proclaimed stock picker on Twitter.
Cody Williams barring a shocker should be available at 10.

I think he's basically Joe Ingles, except that he's a bit better off the dribble.
Archie Goodwin = Michael Jordan
Cody Williams = bigger SGA
Keyshawn George = rich man’s Joe Ingles (the third best player on the Jazz during the Mitchell era, wherein they were dark horse contenders for multiple years).

Cool.