What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Topic's highlights are almost all rim attacking. That's what stands out most. He has no dribble pull up game in the mid-range. His pull up 3 is kind of funky looking and flat.

Topic is really unique looking athlete. There's something about his posture while dribbling that makes him look incredibly stiff/unathletic (probably also the long *** neck thing), but he's actually incredibly fast, especially for a guy his size (kind of Dante like in that regard),

When I just look at him, his arms dont look long, but when you see him attack the rim he really uses his arms to his advantage and is fully stretching out under control to finish around bigs. That's where his arms do look long. That and when he shoots, he has one of those jumpers were his arms just look too long for him to get into an aesthetically pleasing looking shot.

Yeah, my pre-draft comp for Topic might be Dante Exum. Not the player Dante, but the prospect Dante. I see a lot of similarities, but Topic is taking the more traditional route instead of just leap-frogging several level of competition straight to the NBA.

Also when the No Ceilings guys talk about Topic, they say he's a terrible defender. No idea how much so, but they always comment on it.

Am I the only one that has notice a TON of the highlights posted for Topic is him in transition. Not that it's bad that he's dangerous in transition, but who knows how that will translate in the NBA. I want to see him run an offense. He's a PG, right? Supposedly...

You might be the only one. He's pretty adept working off screens and is a real plus-passer. He really controls the game when he's on ball.

Last edited:
Topic's highlights are almost all rim attacking. That's what stands out most. He has no dribble pull up game in the mid-range. His pull up 3 is kind of funky looking and flat.
I think he has some floater game, but he's not a great pull-up jump shooter.

Topic is really unique looking athlete. There's something about his posture while dribbling that makes him look incredibly stiff/unathletic (probably also the long *** neck thing), but he's actually incredibly fast, especially for a guy his size (kind of Dante like in that regard),

He has a low center of gravity, and he's also a bit herky jerky. His change of direction and low, tight handle are really solid. Also reminds a bit of Manu Ginobli. Topic also has deceptively fast end-to-end speed.

When I just look at him, his arms dont look long, but when you see him attack the rim he really uses his arms to his advantage and is fully stretching out under control to finish around bigs. That's where his arms do look long. That and when he shoots, he has one of those jumpers were his arms just look too long for him to get into an aesthetically pleasing looking shot.

I'm not buying the 7' wingspan thing. If he's 6'8" or 6'9", that would be enough for him.

You might be the only one. He's pretty adept working off screens and is a real plus-passer. He really controls the game when he's on ball.
I haven't watched full game of his. Only seen the random clips on twitter. I might try watching some game of his...

So far, I'd say Topic is as likely to become an All Star as any player in this draft. I say that knowing that there aren't many players in this draft showing All Star potential. If Topic really hits, he could be a lead guard in the mold of a James Harden, hopefully without the flopping and whining.

Last edited:
I think the main thing is that people realized that Buzelis isn't 6'11". Gleague Ignite played against Perth, and Sarr was towering over Buzelis, exposing him as being closer to 6'8".
Back when everyone was hyping Buzelis as "nearly a 7 footer", his footspeed and first step seemed fine for a player that size. The trouble is, now that we know he's actually 6'8'' (tops), he's not that quick anymore. In fact he looks downright clunky.

He plays hard but won't get any separation at the perimeter against NBA small forwards. And I don't think he can guard them either. He's also not good enough of an outside shooter to play as a floor spacer.

I predict he'll end up falling like a rock on draft day.

Back when everyone was hyping Buzelis as "nearly a 7 footer", his footspeed and first step seemed fine for a player that size. The trouble is, now that we know he's actually 6'8'' (tops), he's not that quick anymore. In fact he looks downright clunky.

He plays hard but won't get any separation at the perimeter against NBA small forwards. And I don't think he can guard them either. He's also not good enough of an outside shooter to play as a floor spacer.

I predict he'll end up falling like a rock on draft day.

Yeah, if he were 6'11", he could just shoot over people like Lauri does. If he's 6'8", he has to beat people and create separation. Unfortunately, that height difference changes who he can be as a player.

Sarr hasn't been shooting the ball as well as people hoped. If teams don't think he'll be a competent shooter, he could fall out of the top 3. Meanwhile, Ron Holland's shooting numbers need to improve as well, or he might be seen as more of a Kuminga-like project. This could be a draft that's dominated by guards at the top--Collier, Topic, Walter, Castle.

Last edited:
Sarr hasn't been shooting the ball as well as people hoped. If teams don't think he'll be a competent shooter, he could fall out of the top 3. This could be a draft that's dominated by guards at the top.
I dont think Sarr shooting at his current age is all that important for people to draft him top 3.

I dont think Sarr shooting at his current age is all that important for people to draft him top 3.
Oh I think he's gotta show some promise there if he wants to be top 3. The percentages don't have to be great but he's got to show some ability to develop that part of his game. If he doesn't have that is he like Nic Claxton?

Oh I think he's gotta show some promise there if he wants to be top 3. The percentages don't have to be great but he's got to show some ability to develop that part of his game. If he doesn't have that is he like Nic Claxton?
He's a 7'1 rim running big with fluid athleticism and potential to things. I guess he could only be Claxton. He has a bigger frame and is longer, so a bigger/longer/more athletic Claxton is probably an incredibly good player even if he doesnt take 3's.

He's a 7'1 rim running big with fluid athleticism and potential to things. I guess he could only be Claxton. He has a bigger frame and is longer, so a bigger/longer/more athletic Claxton is probably an incredibly good player even if he doesnt take 3's.
Claxton was real fluid in college too. Really coordinated. If Sarr is the bigger version of that its good but I still think he would need to show some shooting upside. I just think of guys like Duren that end up going like back half of the lotto and have a hard time seeing Sarr as top 3... but this draft kinda sucks so maybe.

Claxton was real fluid in college too. Really coordinated. If Sarr is the bigger version of that its good but I still think he would need to show some shooting upside. I just think of guys like Duren that end up going like back half of the lotto and have a hard time seeing Sarr as top 3... but this draft kinda sucks so maybe.
Nah, he doesnt really need to. He's already shown the potential to develop a 3. It doesnt really matter if he has one right now. Sure, if he did, he would be more of a "lock" to go #1, but there are several bad teams who would probably take someone with his skillset/size top 3 without having a guaranteed shot.

Back