What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

What’s the deal with Matas? Seems like he was #1 for awhile and fell without playing.
I thought he had some bad games in exhibition or scrimmages or something months ago which caused the change? IDK... will watch him at some point.

I thought he had some bad games in exhibition or scrimmages or something months ago which caused the change? IDK... will watch him at some point.

I know he had some games against the Aussie teams, don’t know how those meant. But it feels like no one at the top has really been performing so I was wondering if there was more to it. This draft is just so bleh. Shep #1.

I know he had some games against the Aussie teams, don’t know how those meant. But it feels like no one at the top has really been performing so I was wondering if there was more to it. This draft is just so bleh. Shep #1.
So far I'm on the Shep and Dunn Train. Sounds like a good country band. I think if a team is looking for a #1 type of guy in this draft they will be disappointed... I do think there might be some awesome role player types that are easier to identify.

I'm just not gonna worry too much about wins and losses this year with regard to tanking. I'd rather draft higher but there are guys in the 5-10 range I think I like. I also think this is a draft we can easily move up or go get a pick if we want an additional one.

Theres a lot of guys like Risacher, Castle, Williams, Dunn that are pretty interesting as wing/2 guards. Topic is interesting but haven't watched enough. Shep obviously gonna be a combo of Steve Nash and Prime Patrick Beverly. I just think it will be as much of a dart throw as ever and drafting top 4 isn't as big as it would have been last year.

On a semi serious note....I already see the "next Bilal" stuff for him. I barely know anything about him, but that kind of narrative has bust potential written all over it. From a 5 minute youtube analysis does not pass the eye test.

What’s the deal with Matas? Seems like he was #1 for awhile and fell without playing.
Out of sight out of mind. He looked great the other night in his first minutes of the season. He is likely to be right there in the #1 pick conversation.

Topic may actually be 6'6". Pretty impressive combination of size and skill level for a player who will still be 18 on draft day. If I had to bet on who will be the most impactful player in this draft class, I would bet on Topic to be in the top 3.

View: https://twitter.com/NBADraftWass/status/1731774623555928363

Am I the only one that has notice a TON of the highlights posted for Topic is him in transition. Not that it's bad that he's dangerous in transition, but who knows how that will translate in the NBA. I want to see him run an offense. He's a PG, right? Supposedly...

Am I the only one that has notice a TON of the highlights posted for Topic is him in transition. Not that it's bad that he's dangerous in transition, but who knows how that will translate in the NBA. I want to see him run an offense. He's a PG, right? Supposedly...
I havent really noticed that, so not sure it's a thing.
He looks like Trey Lyles a bit... :oops:
Yeah, a bit. Hard to say off one video, but he doesnt seem to have a great first step.

Back