What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

In a normal draft back half of lotto. In this draft I am all for a guy like that. The shot doesn’t look like a 27% shot. I don’t think he will be awesome but I don’t think he’ll be Roberson out there.

He may just be like a plus version of Thybulle though… like as a median outcome. I just love guy that are wrecking balls like that.

It's possible but I would need to see more offensive development from him. I'm not willing to take a disruptor like Matisse Thybulle that early.
I think he’s got more upside. Thybulle the shooting is one thing. The complete lack of ball handling passing driving etc is another.

In a normal draft back half of lotto. In this draft I am all for a guy like that. The shot doesn’t look like a 27% shot. I don’t think he will be awesome but I don’t think he’ll be Roberson out there.

He may just be like a plus version of Thybulle though… like as a median outcome. I just love guy that are wrecking balls like that.
The story on him is that he was a 40% 3pt shooter in HS (from the pods I listen to, forget who said it).

I love him. Him and Reed would be an exciting addition to your defensive activity/IQ baseline.

I think he’s got more upside. Thybulle the shooting is one thing. The complete lack of ball handling passing driving etc is another.
Was Thybulle that elite athletically in college? I dont remember him having that many "wow" plays. That and Thybulle is 6'5? Dunn is at least 6'8.

I like Dunn, but I feel like his peak position would be like 12, maybe 10. It's not a strong draft, but there will always be guys who can score or have more ball skills which teams drafting high will value more.

Was Thybulle that elite athletically in college? I dont remember him having that many "wow" plays. That and Thybulle is 6'5? Dunn is at least 6'8.
No… just the only stocks guy I could think of. I listen to Rights to Ricky Sanchez and they used to
Complain about how if he’s so athletic why doesn’t he dunk a lot. I think Dunn has a higher ceiling but it’s all YouTube guesswork on my end.

I too have heard that Dunn can shoot. Have to say he’s more intriguing than the tall stiffs floating around the lottery at this stage.

I too have heard that Dunn can shoot. Have to say he’s more intriguing than the tall stiffs floating around the lottery at this stage.
That’s kinda my thinking. I’m not sure he’s a top five player but I think he ends up going top 5 or consider close to consensus top 5. Holland Edwards are both pretty meh. Dunn blocking and stealing everything all over the court you at least know he has an elite talent/skill. Guessing his measurements will be good.

DJ Wagner is a pretty milquetoast combo guard in my eyes. Firmly in the 20-30 range for me. Would have to have a really great 2nd half of the season to change my mind. Doesnt hold a candle to Shep or Dilly.

Justin Edwards one of those wings who has zero wiggle. If it isnt a straight line drive he can't get to the rim on balance. Can't change directions on the fastbreak either.

The UK offense is running a lot less smoothly so you're seeing some more pro style "give the ball to our best player and let him work" out of Sheppard.

Edwards only redeemable quality on offense is his off-ball cutting.

It's always wild to me how dudes like this (based on what others said) looked so good in HS/AAU/International to the point where some had him #1, but in college he looks closer to the 30th pick than 20th.

Back