What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

I think we tend to overrate run/jump athleticism….especially when it comes to finishing around the hoop. It means more that he is finishing so well and less so how he does it. Still, I’m intrigued to see how it works out against NBA competition. Love Topic’s ability to finish with both hands and off of both feet.

PJ Hall is killing it.

21-8-3-2-1 on 55/41 splits

There are a decent number of upperclassmen putting up strong stat lines.

Topic is so damn fast while looking slow. There's just something about the way he looks when he runs that looks kind of funky, but damn he's ****ing fast.

(latest game highlights)

Nikola Topic is point blank period the most athletic on-ball player in this draft class. Rare to see that size, top end speed, first step, and body control in one package.

Also, when Givony was discussing why DJ Wagner was ranked so highly all this time he said he was a really advanced early HS kid and he hasnt grown at all the last 2 years. Basically said scouts thought he would grow and it just never happened.

Totally relate to that. I remember when I thought I had a chance to be 6'5 and just froze at 6'2 after my Freshman year.

Also, when Givony was discussing why DJ Wagner was ranked so highly all this time he said he was a really advanced early HS kid and he hasnt grown at all the last 2 years. Basically said scouts thought he would grow and it just never happened.

Totally relate to that. I remember when I thought I had a chance to be 6'5 and just froze at 6'2 after my Freshman year.

That’s crazy. I was like 5’4 until the summer of my junior year and sprouted to 6’1.

To be fair you were like 17 years old as a freshman.

Ron Holland is such a hard player for me to rank.

He's a phenomenal athlete with great activity, but just seems kind of low IQ. It's kind of like watching Collin Sexton at times w/ how much of the keys they give to Holland when he clearly cant handle it. Whatever role Holland is playing for the Ignite is about the furthest thing from what I would want him to do as I developed him.

I would be terrified to draft him in the top 5, but given how underwhelming the rest of the top 5 is when it comes to "Do I see this guy being a top 3 player on a strong NBA team" it's kind of hard to ignore his athletic potential.

Back