• Knecht

Tier II: Interesting upside with some significant questions
  • Dillingham
  • Williams
  • Sheppard
  • Filipowski
  • Holland
  • Castle

Tier III: Guys who sneak into the late lotto.
  • Furphy
  • Tyler Smith
  • Collier
  • Buzelis

Tier IV: Everyone else I find interesting enough to think about at 28/31,
  • Pelle Larson
  • Dillon Jones
  • Payton Sandford
  • Jaylon Tyson
  • Zach Edey
  • Hanson Yang
  • Ulrich Chomche
  • Salaun
  • Scheierman
  • Kolek
  • Klintman
  • Ryan Dunn
  • Proctor
  • Missi

Freshman I like, but should stay in school for the sake of the development of their game but if they declared I'd think about them at 28/31.
  • Collin Murray Boyles
  • Kyshawn George
  • Mckenzie Mgbako
  • KJ Lewis

Tier I: Potential All-Stars who have physical tools
  • Topic
  • Risacher
  • Sarr
  • Knecht

Tier II: Interesting upside with some significant questions
  • Dillingham
  • Williams
  • Sheppard
  • Filipowski
  • Holland
  • Castle

Tier III: Guys who sneak into the late lotto.
  • Furphy
  • Tyler Smith
  • Collier
  • Buzelis

Tier IV: Everyone else I find interesting enough to think about at 28/31,
  • Pelle Larson
  • Dillon Jones
  • Payton Sandford
  • Jaylon Tyson
  • Zach Edey
  • Hanson Yang
  • Ulrich Chomche
  • Salaun
  • Scheierman
  • Kolek
  • Klintman
  • Ryan Dunn
  • Proctor
  • Missi

Freshman I like, but should stay in school for the sake of the development of their game but if they declared I'd think about them at 28/31.
  • Collin Murray Boyles
  • Kyshawn George
  • Mckenzie Mgbako
  • KJ Lewis

IMO, Cody Williams has as much All Star potential as anyone in this draft. He's a versatile, multi-faceted scorer who will look better in NBA space and schemes. He needs physical development, but I think it's likely to happen for him. I would probably give him the nod over Risacher at the NBA level due to his shiftiness and craftiness with the ball in his hands.

Last edited:
I'm definitely interested in Salaun, but man, he also kind of sucks outside of 3pt shooting.

Always wary of 6'9 athletic long players who average .22 blocks per game.

Even in the U18 games, the kid averaged .1 blocks per game in 24 mpg over 7 games. That's against people he should have an extreme athletic and size advantage over.

So all the **** you are saying about versatile defense, ball movement, and movement away form the ball ehhhhhhhhh. The only thing I would confidently project out of him is spot up shooting and making an athletic dunk around the rim here and there.

Salaun's steal rate is okay. He mostly defends out on the perimeter. He's long, active and has decent reactions on defense, imo.

Salaun's steal rate is okay. He mostly defends out on the perimeter. He's long, active and has decent reactions on defense, imo.
lmao. His blocks are terrible, you really cant justify it. Even if you play on the perimeter (which I dont buy there is no way a 6'9 guy just stays on the perimeter on defense).

I think it's just a case of people taking a young European prospect with a nice shot and putting so so so much more on him than he actually has.

lmao. His blocks are terrible, you really cant justify it. Even if you play on the perimeter (which I dont buy there is no way a 6'9 guy just stays on the perimeter on defense).

I think it's just a case of people taking a young European prospect with a nice shot and putting so so so much more on him than he actually has.

Yeah, I'll disagree with your last statement. Salaun has the size/length/athleticism plus shooting touch to be an impact player. Then there's the fact that he's 18.

Yeah, I'll disagree with your last statement. Salaun has the size/length/athleticism plus shooting touch to be an impact player. Then there's the fact that he's 18.
So why is this athletic long 18 year old struggling to register blocks in U18 games? You dont see anything wrong with that?

It just seems like you watched some highlights of him making some jumpers and athletic dunks and you are projecting everything else off that.

Reminds me when people were enamored with Roko Prackin then he fell off the draft map when he didnt declare because draft people like to play make believe with some of these tall athletic looking euros.

So why is this athletic long 18 year old struggling to register blocks in U18 games? You dont see anything wrong with that?

It just seems like you watched some highlights of him making some jumpers and athletic dunks and you are projecting everything else off that.

Reminds me when people were enamored with Roko Prackin then he fell off the draft map when he didnt declare because draft people like to play make believe with some of these tall athletic looking euros.

I'm not projecting anything. I'm watching his tape, it includes highlights and low lights. He's a pretty solid positional defender. His steal numbers are fine (1.9/36 min). He doesn't often go for blocks.

Go look at Fontecchio's career block numbers.

I'm not projecting anything. I'm watching his tape, it includes highlights and low lights. He's a pretty solid positional defender. His steal numbers are fine (1.9/36 min). He doesn't often go for blocks.

Go look at Fontecchio's career block numbers.
I looked, (on average) nearly double (if not more) Salaun despite being shorter with a shorter wingspan playing against better comp.

Can anyone find a 6'9 and above NBA rotation player (at any point) who had below a 1% block rate prior to entering the NBA?

In 2021-2022, Salaun played in the French Junior league for 23 games and had a block rate of 0.23%

For reference in this draft, 6'6 Dillon Jones, who is an extremely ground bound athlete, has a career block percentage of 0.2% at Weber State.

I feel like Cy always has to go out of his way to try and nitpick guys he doesn't like. The reality is that Salaun has a pretty damn impressive offensive skillset and moves his feet well enough that I think he can be decent defensively at the 3 spot and not be targeted nonstop on switches. Offensively the one thing that really needs to be coached out of him is his habit of dropping the ball down to his waste as he collects himself to shoot. If he can get into the habit of going straight up from his chest then it will quicken his release significantly.

I feel like Cy always has to go out of his way to try and nitpick guys he doesn't like. The reality is that Salaun has a pretty damn impressive offensive skillset and moves his feet well enough that I think he can be decent defensively at the 3 spot and not be targeted nonstop on switches. Offensively the one thing that really needs to be coached out of him is his habit of dropping the ball down to his waste as he collects himself to shoot. If he can get into the habit of going straight up from his chest then it will quicken his release significantly.

Sorry man, but the amount of players you hype up vs actually succeed in the NBA should tell you that you should start nitpicking more.

Sorry man, but the amount of players you hype up vs actually succeed in the NBA should tell you that you should start nitpicking more.
So who exactly are these players that I hype up that don't succeed? I'm very interested to know who I'm hyping up.

So who exactly are these players that I hype up that don't succeed? I'm very interested to know who I'm hyping up.

I dont keep that close of tabs on what you say. I just know you are typically someone who tends to have rose colored glasses on all rookies and prospects. And if you are acting like me bringing up a historically low block rate from a guy of Salaun's physical/athletic profile at a fairly mediocre pro competition level is "nitpicking" then that tells me you arent critical enough.

to be honest I had soured some on Salaun in the past month or so and this discussion has only added to that. No blocking shots is not an end-all for a player. Trying to block every shot can lead a player to get out of position for the rebound. It is more important to challenge a shot vs trying to block a shot. Rounding is also very important and I have not looked at Salaun and that ability.

One of the things I liked about Goberts defense was he challenged a lot of shots but didn't try to block everything but he also had a condor wing span.

I wonder if this latest version of Tyrese Proctor is for real. He looks like he is playing with a new level of confidence that we haven't seen before and his outside shot looks great.

We've now got Chicago challenging us in the tank race. This isn't good. There are 20 games left. The Jazz need to keep it to 5 wins for the rest of the season.

Damn I just realized the bulls won. When I went to bed they were down by around 15 in the 4th.