What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Complete analysis after watching 2.5 min of Topic highlights...:

Not impressed, questionable 1st rd grade certainty wouldn't take him in lotto. Fringe NBA player. Can make his free throws. Mid hungover Rubio when he was 11

Complete analysis after watching 2.5 min of Topic highlights...:

Not impressed, questionable 1st rd grade certainty wouldn't take him in lotto. Fringe NBA player. Can make his free throws. Mid hungover Rubio when he was 11
The passing, size, and driving ability are all pretty high level. I think his finishing is pretty good, but he's so below the rim at his size that I'm a bit worried it won't translate all that well to the NBA.

His shooting form is awkward too and it looks like the kind of form that is engrained in.

I’ve read more about Topic than I’ve watched so far, but from what I have watched he seems soft.if we get him, I hope I’m wrong.

Chomche just measured at 6'9" with a 7'3" wingspan. He's been listed at 6'11", so I'm hoping that this is w/o shoes.

View: https://twitter.com/NoCeilingsNBA/status/1777862981872935015

The flyer says in shoes. His shot looks very improved and has great bounce. Don't know if he can handle. He might drop. I would love him at 27th but won't happen.

He's similar to Tay Henney, Lauri, but might be able to put him on the floor with all three. Super young and could have a growth spurt left. Same reason I would want Daft Punk if got an exception - youth + plus undeveloped potential with strong flashes

Last edited:
26% chance of a top 4 pick. Let’s ride.

Would be hilarious if we dropped to #10 after the most shameless tank job I could imagine.

Someone said to me the other day that a good comparison coming out of college is Jimmy Butler. Has that dog in him to not get beat by anyone, make his team better and an extremely strong work ethic. You can’t teach that. Jimmy wasn’t the best shooter coming out of college and some would say throughout his NBA career. His game developed immensely due to his work ethic. Castle has that and will just make his team better. May cop a bit of flack here, but I don’t think the comparison is that far off.

Last edited:
Someone said to me the other day that a good comparison coming out of college is Jimmy Butler. Has that dog in him to not get beat by anyone, make his team better and an extremely strong work ethic. You can’t teach that. Jimmy wasn’t the best shooter coming out of college and some would say throughout his NBA career. His game developed immensely due to his work ethic. Castle has that and will just make his team better. May cope a bit of flack here, but I don’t think the comparison is that far off.
I'll point out the pro comp for Okoro coming out of Auburn was also Jimmy Butler.

Not every defender learns to shoot and become an all-star because shooting is what every hard working defender type chases and most fall short.

Not every defender learns to shoot and become an all-star because shooting is what every hard working defender type chases and most fall short.
That being said Castle is good risk..later on (like 8 to 10 picks later).. not on top of the draft.

Chomche just measured at 6'9" with a 7'3" wingspan. He's been listed at 6'11", so I'm hoping that this is w/o shoes. In that case, Chomche would be comparable to Derrick Favors or Serge Ibaka.

View: https://twitter.com/NoCeilingsNBA/status/1777862981872935015

It's says all measurements in shoes:
GKzZ1E4aMAAGulU

“Bronny is an undersized non-shooting guard,” an NBA scout told The Ringer. “The shot looks good but doesn’t go in. Those guys scare me the most. It’s either lack of touch or mental, and either way those take years to correct.”

Not going to lie this made me think of Castle.

“Bronny is an undersized non-shooting guard,” an NBA scout told The Ringer. “The shot looks good but doesn’t go in. Those guys scare me the most. It’s either lack of touch or mental, and either way those take years to correct.”

Not going to lie this made me think of Castle.
Except that he is not undersized and does so much more, but I hear ya on the shot looking good but not going in enough yet.