What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Some here have compared this draft to the 13 draft. A few stars were drafted in the middle to late first. Who are those 1-3 prospects in this draft that could be steals?

For me one could easily be Pacome Dadiet.

If Kel'el Ware decides he wants to buy in and work hard, he has some fringe All Star potential, imo.
There's a chance that Tyler Smith is actually really good, but that it was just masked by the GLI being a **** show.
Maybe AJ Johnson, but I thought he was 18 y.o., which would give him more time to grow and mature physically. Turns out he's 19? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
If Kyshawn George somehow overhauls his body, then he could be a significant player.

Last edited:
I also dont think the Jazz would take Topic at 10 given they passed on Cam Whitmore because of (at least partially) knee issues.

Here’s what I’ll say about Edey. You only draft him at #10 if you think he’s extremely special around the basket and that you will give him the ball to work. There’s only a handful of the guys in the entire NBA that are good enough to throw the ball to in the post on a consistent basis. You have to be a very elite post scorer, and likely a high level post passer to warrant getting the ball.

If you’re drafting him because you like his ability to stretch the he floor that’s a fools errand.

Here’s what I’ll say about Edey. You only draft him at #10 if you think he’s extremely special around the basket and that you will give him the ball to work. There’s only a handful of the guys in the entire NBA that are good enough to throw the ball to in the post on a consistent basis. You have to be a very elite post scorer, and likely a high level post passer to warrant getting the ball.

If you’re drafting him because you like his ability to stretch the he floor that’s a fools errand.
Agreed... but I would also add something. You only drafting him if you think he's a special offensive player.... AND if you think he can stay on the floor defensively. Because it doesn't really matter if he's great offensively if he can't hang on D. If he truly cannot stay on the floor because of defensive liabilities, then he is Boban(type).

Last edited:
I think the Jazz are going to try hard to trade up. There's too much uncertainty around teams trading their picks to know which players are going to be available at #10. The Jazz can probably be pretty confident that Dillingham, McCain and/or Topic will be available, but if they don't want one of those guys they'll be looking at the last guy remaining from among Carter, Knecht and Holland. (Assume Risacher, Sarr, Clingan, Castle, Sheppard, Williams and probably Buzelis are gone one way or another.)

The Jazz nose-dived to get into this draft. The price to move up and get someone they really want might be high, but I think the Jazz are a team that's likely to pay it this year.

I think the Jazz are going to try hard to trade up. There's too much uncertainty around teams trading their picks to know which players are going to be available at #10. The Jazz can probably be pretty confident that Dillingham, McCain and/or Topic will be available, but if they don't want one of those guys they'll be looking at the last guy remaining from among Carter, Knecht and Holland. (Assume Risacher, Sarr, Clingan, Castle, Sheppard, Williams and probably Buzelis are gone one way or another.)

The Jazz nose-dived to get into this draft. The price to move up and get someone they really want might be high, but I think the Jazz are a team that's likely to pay it this year.
Unless the price is cheap they arent trading up.

Agreed... but I would also add something. You only drafting him if you think he's a special offensive player.... AND if you think he can stay on the floor defensively. Because it doesn't really matter if he's great offensively if he can't hang on D. If he truly cannot stay on the floor because of defensive liabilities, then he is Boban(type).

Right….he has a lot of question marks. There are way more important things to talk about than if he can shoot or not. I honestly think the media just loves to run with “this tall guy can shoot” whenever they can. Saying 48/100 from 3 like it’s incredible is basically exposing the “reporter” for lying and/or not having a clue what he’s talking about.

I feel like the discussion around Edey should be about the paint on both ends of the floor. There is a lot of focus on his perimeter defense….and while that’s a legit question he will need to answer he wasn’t exactly the most dominant rim protector in college.

I think everyone wants to force the Bam/Horford archetype on every single big that enters the league. Not every C is going to be that guy. For Edey to be good in the NBA, he’s got to dominate the paint on both ends.

Edey has much more believable shooting upside than Walker
for sure .. from eye test alone
just thinking how ridiculous it would be to figure a shooting potential based on warm up / spot up 3's
once saw Rudy hit smooth-looking warm up 3's
anyway, looking forward to learning more about Edey's workouts