What's new

2024 NBA Free Agency Thread

If the Jazz trade Lauri, the team that's probably more desperate is Golden State. Their dynasty has ended. They might be able to drag out one or two competitive seasons with Lauri, but after that they're going to be pretty sad for a while.

I'm on the other side of that fence. I want all West teams to stockpile all the aging veterans they can, as long as those teams arent Utah Jazz and Minnesota Timberwolves.

Clippers core of dinosaurs was about to go extinct soon anyways.

On the plus side, maybe Sixers will drop down Cavs in the standings as a result.
This is what is so fun about owning other teams picks.
Makes me care about this kind of stuff cause almost everything has some kind of effect on a jazz pick.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I’d be pretty upset as a Thunder fan that after all of their diligent work to build the team smart, their big cap move is *checks notes* paying Hartenstein $30 million? Jesus Christ.
Like, is he so special so as to eat up all the other opportunities they lose? I get he’s a nice player with good passing, but finding true bigs is one of the easiest things a team can do. Want a nice one? Maybe get Walker thrown in with Lauri.

It is just so uncharacteristic of Presti. Maybe he has a gear he hasn’t shown?

Also, what the **** are OKC supposed to do with all of their picks? At a certain talent saturation, the best thing you can do with picks is to trade them at the right time for the right player(s). Even if it’s a lot. Hell, especially if it’s for a player worthy of a haul.

Like, is he so special so as to eat up all the other opportunities they lose? I get he’s a nice player with good passing, but finding true bigs is one of the easiest things a team can do. Want a nice one? Maybe get Walker thrown in with Lauri.

It is just so uncharacteristic of Presti. Maybe he has a gear he hasn’t shown?

Also, what the **** are OKC supposed to do with all of their picks? At a certain talent saturation, the best thing you can do with picks is to trade them at the right time for the right player(s). Even if it’s a lot. Hell, especially if it’s for a player worthy of a haul.
If you're feeling really saturated you can often kick the can down the road on draft night like the Spurs did with Minnesota. Teams often talk themselves into players on the board and a dollar today can be more valuable for teams than a dollar tomorrow

If you're feeling really saturated you can often kick the can down the road on draft night like the Spurs did with Minnesota. Teams often talk themselves into players on the board and a dollar today can be more valuable for teams than a dollar tomorrow
To what end, though? Is the point to win championships? Cuz that’s hard and you kinda have to do some perilous stuff to get to the mountain top. Also, there’s only so many development opportunities with your own roster. In other words, to stack the deck of actual players, to some degree you probably have to acquire developed players from other teams.

If this has been posted someplace else I apologize. If we trade Lauri this will be used as the reason. https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ridges-trade-to-entice-star-to-leave-clippers
Wow, if true they really did go big game hunting.
This Jazz rebuild isn't going to be 1 or 2 years. It's going to be 5 years. I can see the Jazz moving Lauri in that context, but that doesn't mean they need to do it this summer.
To my knowledge the jazz in Utah have never done a 5 year rebuild. It’s needed.
What are the rules on extend-and-trade these days? Didn't Cleveland just do this when they traded us Sexton?
No we extended Sexton.

Back