What's new

2024 Vegas Summer League Thread

I'm guessing you forgot how good Hendricks played at the end of the season last year. There's no gameplan in SL, every player trying to impress, no chemistry. It looks like one of @Handlogten's Heros pickup games
So how does everyone else manage to get some.buckets here and there?

I get it, to an extent, but also, cmon. He should be a bit better at making some stuff happen that isn't fully reliant on his table being set

I like Dadiet. He hasn't killed it in summer league or anything, but I enjoy watching his game.

I think Clowney might end up being a second contract type of player, but I still think he's going to end up being good. He can do a lot of good things, and just needs some time to get better.
I’m really stoked the Jazz got both Collier and Filipowski, but Diadet was my late 1st round guy. Would’ve loved having him as well. Just see a lot of untapped potential there.

Yeah, the reality is that talent is so advanced and trained at such a young age when you come to the game late it's hard to compete.
Definitely, but talent can still be developed later.

Siakam (started at 17) and Embiid (started at 15) are two Cameroonian examples that went on to be All-Stars despite lacking early opportunities

Definitely, but talent can still be developed later.

Siakam (started at 17) and Embiid (started at 15) are two Cameroonian examples that went on to be All-Stars despite lacking early opportunities
Damn, that's crazy on Siakim. Starting at 17 is wild. I know he spent 3 years at a mid-major with a redshirt year.

I just find it hard to believe Chomche amounts to anything with the path he took. IMO he should have gone the college route and played a few years, but at least he got put on a 2-way.

Damn, that's crazy on Siakim. Starting at 17 is wild. I know he spent 3 years at a mid-major with a redshirt year.

I just find it hard to believe Chomche amounts to anything with the path he took. IMO he should have gone the college route and played a few years, but at least he got put on a 2-way.
Money’s a big factor for some of these guys.

A bunch of guys taken in the 20s and 30s of the draft have looked good in SL:
AJ Johnson
Dillon Jones
Johnny Furphy
Bobi Klintman
Ajay Mitchell
Tyler Kolek
Adem Bona
Cam Spencer
It looks like a pretty deep draft class.

Back