What's new

2024 Vegas Summer League Thread

Truly great shooters have a way of making the net splash in a special way and he's one of them.

Again, I wouldn't have cared what our guard situation was, if we could've gotten him we sort that **** out. Damn.

Also, Whitmore looks fuggen tight but I'm probably a dum dum.
With Whitmore I think he straight told people he didn’t want to come here. Not that you can’t call his bluff but his coach was also out there talking **** about him I honestly think the org gets a full pass on that one. NBA teams aren’t dumb. They saw the potential.

Reed obviously we’d have had to get lucky to have the chance at. I like him and hope summer league translates for him. He had a lot of things that seemed to indicate there was more to his game. Maybe in a better draft he’d have slipped a bit.

Truly great shooters have a way of making the net splash in a special way and he's one of them.

Again, I wouldn't have cared what our guard situation was, if we could've gotten him we sort that **** out. Damn.

Also, Whitmore looks fuggen tight but I'm probably a dum dum.
We could have had him if we had won 4 or 5 more games. . .

It hurts a little to watch this but Cody playing well last game dulls the pain a little.

Last edited:
If everything clicks with Buzelis he is probably better than Cody just because of the explosive athletic ability (though I still have questions about the moon-ball shot which seems to have bad misses). I think the thing Cody might have a big advantage on him is defense, but we arent going to be able to know that after multiple years in the league.

And jesus Whitmore is a freak athlete. Seems to be passing it too. I kind of have SL fatigue so I didnt really watch any full games yesterday, just caught highlights and a few minutes of live action here and there.

Don’t worry I honk Cody has a much higher ceiling.

I’m not gonna go into why cos I will get a warning, but I think most of us knows why.
The Jazz drafted Gordon Hayward over Paul George.

Hayward is almost out of the League, George had just received a max contract.

Luckily we haven’t made the same mistake.

I’ll just leave it at that.

The Jazz drafted Gordon Hayward over Paul George.

Hayward is almost out of the League, George had just received a max contract.

Luckily we haven’t made the same mistake.

I’ll just leave it at that.
If Cody Williams turns into an All-Star I won't be too down if Buzelis turns out even better. Getting an all-star wing at #10 in a down draft is fantastic. This wouldn't feel like a Trae/Luka situation to me.

And Buzelis should look better in SL than Cody. He had an entire year of being a 1A/1B option in an up/down NBA style offense vs Cody who was a 4th/5th option in college.

So yeah, if SL continues and Buzelis is putting up better #'s, that's what should happen. If it's even, that's a good sign for Williams IMO.

Buzelis probably has the best highlights out of everyone. I didn't look too closely at him because he was mocked ahead for the entire process. Super impressive talent

I think we've seen the last of Sheppard in the SL, he's already too good for this level. He may have the best passing, shooting, and defensive hands in the entire draft. I think he could eventually be a Haliburton level PG on offense. This shouldn't be a surprise, he was incredible when given the chance to be the lead ball handler at Kentucky.

Others who have impressed me:
TSJ
TDS
Furphy
Kyshawn George

It hurts a little to watch this but Cody playing well last game dulls the pain a little.

I like Buzelis more than Tidjane Salaun. Buzelis looks like he's coming along as a play finisher. His shooting is obviously something to watch. I'm not sure he's a guy who is going to beat defenders on his own, but as a spot-up shooter, cutter and lane-filler on breaks he could be decent.

Back