What's new

4-team trade that could affect Jazz

Maybe they plan to end up with TJ Ford as their b/u; dunno what they're thinkin'... Ariza could become a very good player, but he can be a bit of a hotdog too. They must be very confident they can keep Chris Paul AND that he's gonna remain healthy.

Ford should jump at the chance to sign with Utah so he doesn't have to go through the humiliation of trying to guard Deron Williams any longer.

But serioulsy, no, he's not coming here to play 8 mpg being he can't play the 2.

Good lord. Look, if a 31 team trade, sign whatever the hell transaction goes down 3000 miles south of china. Don't post something saying "trade deal could affect the utah jazz." If the news posted this right before commercial break and you stuck around and waited to read this crap that is posted, you would be outraged at the stupidity, and second of all, you would have wasted 2 minutes of your life like I just did. Give me a damn break. We made need another piece to our team. But seriously banking on this long shot is rediculous. Ok and to give you the benefit of the doubt, "if it does happen" big freakin deal!!! Be don't improve. Tj ford?? Wow. If Kareem Abdul-Jabbar said that during his playing days he wouldn't have minded playing for the Jazz, would you post something saying "Jazz blew an opportunity 38,000 years ago!!!". If your sitting their saying, "yeah that would be a good post" you should punch yourself in the mouth. Judas Priest.

... "if it does happen" big freakin deal!!! Be don't improve. Tj ford?? Wow. If Kareem Abdul-Jabbar said that during his playing days he wouldn't have minded playing for the Jazz, would you post something saying "Jazz blew an opportunity 38,000 years ago!!!". If your sitting their saying, "yeah that would be a good post" you should punch yourself in the mouth. Judas Priest.

I aint seen that many exclamation points in one post, let alone a couple sentences, in a good long spell, eh? Ya sound very upset. Mebbe ya should autta flag this here thread and file a formal complaint with the mods, eh?

Yep, my thinkin' exactly. I would also be open to a sign-and-trade with the Pacers; trade them Price, dumping his contract, and getting Watson in return. Not sure we'd want Watson and Price both.

Yeah, that is why a lot of owners want some major changes to the CBA. Either though there is a salary cap and luxury tax look at the payroll LA has. As far as the trade---NO trading a guy who has the potential to be a star with a small salary for pretty much an average wing player is pretty bad. Ford makes about 8 million so we are not trading for him! Pacers are very thin at PF now. Hansbrough has still not recovered from his problems. They will probably trade on of their wing players for a PF.

This is what I'm thinking. But in David Stern's NBA, anything is PO$$IBLE.

Indiana has to reduce the number of players on their roster, so look for them to do a two-for-one trade relatively soon. T.J. Ford won't take a buyout. Can someone merge this with the thread in General NBA?

Indiana has to reduce the number of players on their roster, so look for them to do a two-for-one trade relatively soon. T.J. Ford won't take a buyout. Can someone merge this with the thread in General NBA?
Ford might take a buyout, it just won't be a significant reduction. "Buyout" doesn't usually mean sacrificing the entire salary to become a free agent. In fact, the Fisher situation is the only one like that I remember. Usually it involves a player dropping the amount they know they could make on a minimum deal. In Ford's situation, he might take a buyout for $7.4M, which represents a $1.1M discount on his $8.5M contract. Why $1.1M? Because that's the amount that he can make on a minimum deal as a 6-year veteran.

If he doesn't think he will play in Indiana anyway, he might be motivated to take the $7.4M from Indiana, then hit the market and try to find a better situation. He would end up in a better situation for him, and at the very least, he'd make $1.1M from his new team.

I wasn't trying to predict a likely outcome. Ford has already said he will not take a buyout.
I know he said that, but I bet he would if Indiana offered him a more typical buyout.

So far they have offered him a $5M dollar buyout, meaning he'd be leaving $3.5M on the table. I don't think he could replace the $3.5M, especially this late in the offseason, so he said no. Indiana came back with "He's on the team, so we expect him to be a professional" (despite the fact that they just tried to dump him). Translation: they're negotiating and I bet they still work out a buyout. Indiana doesn't need him, and he doesn't need Indiana.

Have to agree, 'Kenwood'; he'll eventually accept a better buyout offer.
I read elsewhere the Pacers also weren't interested in re-signing Earl Watson, who I understand a few years ago was pursued by the Jazz for b/u PG. He actually had nice numbers last year. Just thinkin' this might be an opportunity to dump Price and his contract and bring Watson here if they'd sign and trade him to the Jazz. Larry Bird likes hustle and effort guys, which is certainly Price's forte.
A minor deal for us, but Watson would improve our b/u PG play, while Price is more of a spark-off-the-bench kinda player.