What's new

420 Thread

How is weed different from virtually every other mind altering drug out there? I don't get it, especially since I've known plenty of people addicted to it who made these exact same claims.

How is it different than drugs that create withdrawal? Probably because it effects dopamine levels differently.

In a lot of really critical ways.

Are you really claiming you don't see a difference between marijuana and heroin?

Im just messing with Jazzfanz anyways. I have tried drugs, but I dont use anymore. I dont drink either. I havent for years. But I am in the camp that weed isnt as bad as any other drug. Alcohol is certainly worse too.

But....

I do not agree that weed isnt addictive. Yes it is. Weed users are just in denial. If it isnt addictive then why do pot heads smoke everyday?

Remember when I won that contest?

Just messing with you. You had a good team, but that pick was a huge reach. I hated it. Clipps are legit this year, though. Griffin has taken some big steps forward.

How is weed different from virtually every other mind altering drug out there? I don't get it, especially since I've known plenty of people addicted to it who made these exact same claims.
Did I not say that it can be addictive? The caveat to that is that almost anything CAN be addictive, psychologically. The line is physical dependence, and there is literally 0 evidence (that I know of, anyway) that marijuana leads to physical dependence (a distinction that scores of legal drugs cannot make).

I smoked everyday for years and years and then had to pass a drug test for my current job and quit cold turkey 17 days before the test.... Never had any pains or puking or any withdrawl symptons whatsoever... not so much as a headache.
So in my experience it is not addicting at all. (physically at least)

I smoked everyday for years and years and then had to pass a drug test for my current job and quit cold turkey 17 days before the test.... Never had any pains or puking or any withdrawl symptons whatsoever... not so much as a headache.
So in my experience it is not addicting at all. (physically at least)

Dang, you must have a crazy metabolism or workout or something.

Dang, you must have a crazy metabolism or workout or something.

At the time i was 6 foot 3 and about 190 lbs of mostly muscle (i did workout alot)

Now (9 years later) im 6 foot 3 and about 215 lbs with a huge beer belly.

When i took the test i was definately worried about passing.

So for those the do smoke and have children....how would you respond if you found out your teenager was smoking pot?

Why do fat ****s eat **** food everyday?

So for those the do smoke and have children....how would you respond if you found out your teenager was smoking pot?

Not sure why you're asking. I think most all parents want more/better for their children than they have/do for themselves. I wouldn't want my kids to smoke weed. At least not before they're well established in life. Even then I'd prefer they didn't, but I wouldn't be devastated or anything.

Get on them but depending on their maturity level, getting candid with them. Drug use of just about any kind is not cool until a person is developed, and if the kid can hear that message instead of "NO. JUST NO," I think they're more inclined to listen and respond.

I have this running theory that if you treat children as actual human beings instead of pets, you get results. The early data is that it is effective in my limited experience (a lot of babysitting, having about 20 nieces and nephews).

In a lot of really critical ways.

Are you really claiming you don't see a difference between marijuana and heroin?

Did I not say that it can be addictive? The caveat to that is that almost anything CAN be addictive, psychologically. The line is physical dependence, and there is literally 0 evidence (that I know of, anyway) that marijuana leads to physical dependence (a distinction that scores of legal drugs cannot make).

How do physiologists measure physical dependence in other drugs that scores negative with thc? I've read before that the same receptors are involved with alcohol, heroin, thc, etc.

How is it different than drugs that create withdrawal? Probably because it effects dopamine levels differently.

Is this the only metabolic pathway of concern?

Teach your children what is right and wrong. Smoking or drinking before you are an adult is wrong imo.

Over here in Germany people drink their beer with dinner. Not to get hammered, or ****ed up but as a mild relaxer at meal time.
Different culture.

Smoking pot if used in moderation is ok with me, as long as you are an adult. Kids are going to experiment. Why not
try, and teach them how to do things appropriately then just "its bad, evil, never do it etc."

I'd rather my adult child smoke pot, and make music for example then go out and hunt animals. It's just a different value system.